Broken CWR after 5.9.902 update

hollowhammer

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else has had a problem not being able to boot into clockworkmod recovery after updating to 5.9.902 ota. Had no problems before update, I am bootstraped and it wont even boot into that I just get stuck at the red M logo. Is there anything I can do to get it working again?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

harryc8786

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else has had a problem not being able to boot into clockworkmod recovery after updating to 5.9.902 ota. Had no problems before update, I am bootstraped and it wont even boot into that I just get stuck at the red M logo. Is there anything I can do to get it working again?

Hey hollow, I've got a similar issue here. Just threw on a factory fresh copy of 2.3.4 with 5.9.902. Rooted and installed clockwork. Went to boot to clockwork recovery. I didn't have it so clockwork downloaded and super iser installed the recovery. Upon rebooting nothing happens. Manually booting to recovery looks like the stock.

If anyone can help that'd be great. Almost bricked my phone and I've wasted a lot of time getting it up and running. Before i use titanium to remove bloat i want a clean backup so when the next ota update hits, it will install siccessfully.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
I have the same issue after going to .902. I was using safestrap and wanted to flash a new "safe" ROM. I uninstalled safestrap, deleted the safestrap folder, and now I am having the same issue getting to CWR. I just sit on the dual core screen.

OP
H

hollowhammer

Reaction score
Ok problem solved. I first deleted any clockworkmod folders and all their contents, and safestrap folder if applicable.(not sure if this even helps but its what i did) Then I installed a new busybox version i believe 1.194. After that boostrap rebooted to bootstrap and blamo bootstraps back. After that its just reflashing cwr and good to go.