broke my droid; transfer apps?

mdhuber25

Reaction score
ok, so i just bought my droid a month ago and today i dropped it flat on concrete and shattered the screen. i just filed a claim and set it for 1 day delivery so i should get it tomorrow. my question is, all the apps i've downloaded that i've paid for, will i be able to sign into the new droid with my gmail account and redownload those or am i going to have to pay for them again like some itunes bulls**t?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any apps you payed for you payed for for the life of your gmail userid. The purchase info is stored up on google in the market, not on your phone. You may have to redownload some apps, but you won't have to repurchase them.

OP
mdhuber25

mdhuber25

Reaction score
hot damn thats why i love my android. i'm reminiscent of my first and only ipod i bought a couple years ago and was naive enough to purchase music through itunes. i built a new desktop pc and was foolish enough to believe my music would be saved through itunes. i vowed never to use apple again after that.

cwzwack

Reaction score
Any apps you payed for you payed for for the life of your gmail userid. The purchase info is stored up on google in the market, not on your phone. You may have to redownload some apps, but you won't have to repurchase them.

That's really good to know especially for when the Droid 2 rolls out and you don't have to repurchase the must-have apps.