Broke gorilla glass 2weeks old

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Dieseldink, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dieseldink

Dieseldink New Member

Hello, joined a couple of weeks ago when I got my new Casio Commando . I was scared to let go of the Blackberry I had been used to.
    I cant make up my mind if I am going to love this phone or not. It is taking some gettting used to for sure. The biggest drawback is I cannot see the screen when outside in the daylight. The second bummer is I dropped it yesterday from about 3' and the screen broke. I thought this thing had gorilla glass!?
    Oh well , anyone know where I can get a new screen? I hate to use my insurance because they always give me a recondtioned phone. Thank you, doug
  2. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

How long have you had it? You could always dispute it with the manufacturer, see if they will send you a new phone since the screen didn't hold up very well. All 3 of my phones (D1,DX,D3) have gorilla glass. Had the D1 for a year and it was dropped A LOT it was in pretty ruff shape but the screen didn't have a scratch. I babied the DX because the bigger screen means it will probably break easier but it has also been dropped a few times without hurting the screen. And my D3, well... If I drop this thing I'll probably have a heart attack because this phone is so sexy and clean! lol

Did you have a screen protector on it? They will also help to keep the screen from breaking as easy, not just to keep scratches off.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. Dieseldink

Dieseldink New Member

Yes, I had the screen saver on it. It landed screen down on a gravel driveway , it must have landed on a rock. I stopped at verizon today , but they said it isnt under manufacturer warranty because it is physical damage.
  4. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 New Member

I've never heard of the Casio Commando. Not all Android based phones automatically come with Gorilla Glass. I actually think it is really a Motorola thing. Where did you see that this phone had it? Keep in mind, I've never heard of it, so not saying it doesn't come with it, just curious.
  5. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum. unfortunately not all are G glass. u can check into Asurion as many have found the service pretty good. good luck...
    we may wanna keep this discussion in the off topic section. thanks

ALOHA from Hawaii
  6. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Please keep in mind there is a reasonable expectation with items. Gorilla Glass or not, a drop of 3' or so face down onto a gravel driveway, I wouldn't expect Gorilla Glass to hold up. I wouldn't expect much ANY phone glass to hold up to that.
  7. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

If my phone was a casio, I wouldve,thrown it at the ground ... Good luck fixing it.
  8. PBH

PBH New Member

Is there a site I can go to and be able to order new glass for my commando...paying for it of course. Thank you.
  9. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

Search tags for this page
broke the screen on my cammando phone
can you replace glass on casio commando
casio commando broken screen

casio commando glass replacement

casio commando gorilla glass

casio g'zone commando gorilla glass

casio gzone gorilla glass cracked
commando gzone phone screen broke
does the g'zone commando have gorilla glass