Broke gorilla glass 2weeks old

Dieseldink

Reaction score
Hello, joined a couple of weeks ago when I got my new Casio Commando . I was scared to let go of the Blackberry I had been used to.
I cant make up my mind if I am going to love this phone or not. It is taking some gettting used to for sure. The biggest drawback is I cannot see the screen when outside in the daylight. The second bummer is I dropped it yesterday from about 3' and the screen broke. I thought this thing had gorilla glass!?
Oh well , anyone know where I can get a new screen? I hate to use my insurance because they always give me a recondtioned phone. Thank you, doug

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Hello, joined a couple of weeks ago when I got my new Casio Commando . I was scared to let go of the Blackberry I had been used to.
I cant make up my mind if I am going to love this phone or not. It is taking some gettting used to for sure. The biggest drawback is I cannot see the screen when outside in the daylight. The second bummer is I dropped it yesterday from about 3' and the screen broke. I thought this thing had gorilla glass!?
Oh well , anyone know where I can get a new screen? I hate to use my insurance because they always give me a recondtioned phone. Thank you, doug

How long have you had it? You could always dispute it with the manufacturer, see if they will send you a new phone since the screen didn't hold up very well. All 3 of my phones (D1,DX,D3) have gorilla glass. Had the D1 for a year and it was dropped A LOT it was in pretty ruff shape but the screen didn't have a scratch. I babied the DX because the bigger screen means it will probably break easier but it has also been dropped a few times without hurting the screen. And my D3, well... If I drop this thing I'll probably have a heart attack because this phone is so sexy and clean! lol

Did you have a screen protector on it? They will also help to keep the screen from breaking as easy, not just to keep scratches off.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dieseldink

Reaction score
Yes, I had the screen saver on it. It landed screen down on a gravel driveway , it must have landed on a rock. I stopped at verizon today , but they said it isnt under manufacturer warranty because it is physical damage.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I've never heard of the Casio Commando. Not all Android based phones automatically come with Gorilla Glass. I actually think it is really a Motorola thing. Where did you see that this phone had it? Keep in mind, I've never heard of it, so not saying it doesn't come with it, just curious.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. unfortunately not all are G glass. u can check into Asurion as many have found the service pretty good. good luck...
we may wanna keep this discussion in the off topic section. thanks

ALOHA from Hawaii

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Please keep in mind there is a reasonable expectation with items. Gorilla Glass or not, a drop of 3' or so face down onto a gravel driveway, I wouldn't expect Gorilla Glass to hold up. I wouldn't expect much ANY phone glass to hold up to that.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
If my phone was a casio, I wouldve,thrown it at the ground ... Good luck fixing it.

PBH

Reaction score
Please keep in mind there is a reasonable expectation with items. Gorilla Glass or not, a drop of 3' or so face down onto a gravel driveway, I wouldn't expect Gorilla Glass to hold up. I wouldn't expect much ANY phone glass to hold up to that.
Is there a site I can go to and be able to order new glass for my commando...paying for it of course. Thank you.