Broke Droid X Screen. Need case for replacement

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by dstryr, Oct 16, 2010.

1. dstryr

dstryr New Member

So yesterday on my way to work I dropped my droid x onto the cement and destroyed the screen. The screen still functions 100% but the glass is destroyed. My replacement came in yesterday and I want to get a case that will help the phone survive if I ever drop it again?

I want to be able to drop the phone from 3 ft and not have the screen shatter. Is there any cases that fit the bill?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

I'm not sure any case will protect the screen itself -- it's tough to protect the screen like you would the rest of the phone, and not lose the ability to use the screen.

I think Otterbox makes a DX case, but their site is down for maintenance right now, so I cant be sure.

But, as long as you dont drop the phone on the screen itself, you should be OK with something like an Otterbox.
  3. dstryr

dstryr New Member

I think the reason that the screen broke was because it sits flat with the face of the phone. The phone dropped right onto the face ...not on the sides. I'm convinced if it dropped and hit a corner the screen would still be fine. If a case made a buffer between the screen and the face of the phone I think it would be okay (especially rubber)?
  4. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Any case is going to offer you a small "buffer". Otterbox will be releasing a case that actually covers the screen as well.
  5. Droid X Case

Droid X Case New Member

:heart:I would personally recommend my case if you can wait a while :heart:
  6. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

get a silicone case from ebay for couple bucks. creates a perfect buffer that absorbs impacts and doesn't cost an arm and a leg like rest of these.
  7. Dxun

Dxun New Member

Must of hit just right on the landing. See people on youtube stabbing at these screens like crazy, and they don't break.
Search tags for this page

broken case on droid x replaceable

dropped my droid with otterbox on and glass broke and screen

replacing android case