Brocken USB Chargin Port on Droid Razr

donnakclark

Reaction score
My phone's charging port is broken. Can anyone please, Please tell me how I can get it charged again so that I can recover my photos and text messages?

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I saw a video on YouTube on how to do this, it involves taking the back off( but it'll work)

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I'm thinking of having them do the conversion too. did they give you a turnaround time?

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
I'm thinking of having them do the conversion too. did they give you a turnaround time?

turn around was 24hr. I live about 40 miles form them so thought I would drop it off and maybe have them ship it back. I think it was $25 install and $11.95 for a new speaker. would hurt to have a new micr usb port done as well they have a limited life. I did get good vibes from my call with them fast answering the phone and real people to talk to.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Not a bad deal.. I can use my back up phone until I get it back

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 4

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
Not a bad deal.. I can use my back up phone until I get it back

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 4

Idon't have a back up phone but can do without for a couple of days. Not sure when I can make it down there but which ever one goes first let let all know how it works out with this place.

OP
D

donnakclark

Reaction score
Battery Recharged!

It worked. Thank you so much!!! The video said I would need a T-6 screwdriver, but it actually required a T-5. Had a difficult time finding one in my town but I did. And the video said I would find 4 different colored wires....Not. There were only two wires with no coloring so I just wound them on and plugged it in. Pictures saved. This forum is awesome!!!

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
It worked. Thank you so much!!! The video said I would need a T-6 screwdriver, but it actually required a T-5. Had a difficult time finding one in my town but I did. And the video said I would find 4 different colored wires....Not. There were only two wires with no coloring so I just wound them on and plugged it in. Pictures saved. This forum is awesome!!!

maybe you could give the site you found that would be interesting.