Bring rooted droid into store?

PixhL

Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to go to a verizon store to get a new phone. I currently have a rooted droid x. Will i get in trouble
or anything if i bring it into the store for them to transfer content? What should I do? thanks

reminon

Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to go to a verizon store to get a new phone. I currently have a rooted droid x. Will i get in trouble
or anything if i bring it into the store for them to transfer content? What should I do? thanks

If im not mistaken it breaks warranty, and possibly TOS. But not sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

blackngray70

Reaction score
If you get a rep that knows the difference it could be a problem. You won't get in trouble but it does void your warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Hello,

I wouldn't worry about it if you're getting a new phone. Especially if all you want to do is transfer content.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

steveil

Reaction score
Hello,

2 weeks ago today, I brought in my rooted OG into Verizon and bought a new phone with absolutely no problem.

kookk

Reaction score
I'm almost positive nothing will happen.

Even then most reps who I've talked to have just said to unroot it and come back and hey will pretend they never knew anything

Sent from my cyanobolt