Brightness issue on cm7

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this? No matter what I set the brightness to, when I put the phone to sleep and then wake it up, it's back to 100%! It drives me mad. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it? Is there a dev email I can send a message to?

CM74D2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
JBV is active on Twitter.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I made a power control widget and set brightness to A(uto). It seems to stay there and work fine for me.

Imagine that, something working right for me and not you, lol!

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, funny guy! There is a power widget in the status bar and I added a brightness toggle to it. Even so, no matter where I set it (50%), it will stay there until I put the phone to sleep. Once I wake it up its back to 100. I don't want to use auto (I'm sure that works). I'd like it to stay at 50%. I guess it's not the end of the world (its my only issue), but if anyone has a fix...

CM74D2

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I just tested mine at low and medium brightness and it stayed put as I put the phone to sleep and woke it up, no problem. Since you are using Launcher Pro anyway, give the widget a try.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It stays put in auto mode, but on manual mode, it keeps jumping up. I should just say screw it and enjoy my beautiful screen at full brightness ;)

CM74D2

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Not mine, it stays put wherever I set it. I have had it on medium brightness for several cycles now with no change.

All.Star.88

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the brightness. It doesn't really bother me anymore but if there is a fix or something that would be nice.

cm7 powered Droid2

C_BlazE

Reaction score
Just tried to replicate the issue. and it seams to be working on build 19 just fine i even tried different levels and the brightness and slider remained the same.

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Mine is still working fine as well on build 20, tested several on/off cycles on each level of brightness with no changes.

All.Star.88

Reaction score
I'm on build 19 right now. I might wait for the next nightly or flash 20 to see if that fixes it.

cm7 powered Droid2

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange. It is the one bug i've noticed since I came to this rom.
I think I'll just embrace it and enjoy my lush 100% screen. Why not?

CM74D2

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I fixed my brightness issue. I changed the brightness toggle settings in the status bar power widget to: auto/dim/40/100. It's holding now (so far). I had it on a different setting (which obviously was not holding for whatever reason)

(Sorry for the double post! Eek!)

CM74D2

All.Star.88

Reaction score
Thanks ldopa. After changing the toggle settings, the brightness problem went away. Seems good so far.

cm7 powered Droid2