1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

brightness hack

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jam2it30@gmail.com, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Jam2it30@gmail.com New Member

I think I am running Sholes 2.0.6 ( I used the dmupdater )

I was just wondering if there is anyway way to KEEP the brightness hack all the way down to that level, because whenever I have it running and lock my phone up and then come back to it, it is always back to default and not the brightness hack.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

Brightness hack? Try adding the power settings widget to the homescreen (the brightness is the one on the far right)
  3. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Power cobtrol widget? it did nothing for me... all it did was go to regular lowest brightness not brghness hack to go below default brightness
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

oh i didnt know there was a hack i thought u were just looking for something to turn down the screen brightness
  5. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

I would think the power control widget could turn it down to the minimum you have it hacked to...
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  6. Jam2it30@gmail.com

nope it doesn't... its really weird
  7. sweetdroid

sweetdroid New Member

my power control widget turns back light all the way down, u have to click it like 3 times or something. the brightness hackon the sholes rom...i mean droidmod rom i never really understood what it did, so i removed in the prompts. btu that widget should work that comes with it, it wont give you the low low brightness your talking about.
  8. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

The power widget has THREE settings. Very low, adjust using ambient light sensor, and high.
  9. Amall

Amall New Member

Pretty sure the brightness is measured on some sort of scale. I forget exactly what it is, but lets just say like 1-10 for this explanation.

By default, the settings only lets you choose within the range from 3-10. The low brightness hack lets you pull the slider all the way down to 1, for less brightness. However, the widget actually says "set the brightness to 3" at its low setting, not "set to the lowest point on the slider". So, there's no way of going down below 3 without going to the slider itself, that I'm aware of.

Maybe someone could hack the widget and include it in the low brightness hack, so that low actually = 1? Or better yet, maybe someone could just make a widget that is the slider itself...
  10. Jam2it30@gmail.com

yeah, but there is this app that turns it down REALLY low, even lower then 1, i was just wondering if you can have that on ALL the time because when that app is running, and you lock your phone it goes back to the normal 1
  11. rednukleus

rednukleus New Member

Answer: Menu, edit prefs, retain settings. When you want to go bright again you have to go back and uncheck it.
  12. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Thanks so much!! That's it! I'm going too be saving battery up the wazoo now!! I didn't think to hit the menu key thank again!!
Search tags for this page

android brightness below 0

android lower minimum brightness

android tweak screen brightness