1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Brightness bug in new kernel

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Se7enLC, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Anybody know where the development of custom kernels is being done? All I ever saw from it was a link to the wifi-tether enabled kernel and module that also broke screen brightness adjustment (manual and automatic), but none of the development leading up to it. I'm just looking for a place to check the status of the bug and keep an eye on the updates as they come.
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

They link back here for wifi kernel installation instructions - nothing I could find about where that wifi kernel came from
  4. Berzerker

Berzerker New Member

The kernel modifications are being done by the Sholes.info team, I don't believe there's any development being done at this moment, it might pick up some time in the future.
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Sorry about the tail chasing with my link. I am still trying to figure out where all of the development is happening. When I asked a general question a couple of weeks ago about commiting to rooting and roms as opposed to the OTA's and factory path I was informed in very graphic and sort of ranting way about how much development we would see, more folks in the hack market than VZW has on staff, and the endless possibilities.

Things still look pretty thin on the dark side, but perhaps I am not looking in all the right places:). No problem from my side, as my rooted phone on 2.0.1 does everything I need right now, and I am being very patient on the ROM side.

Craig
  6. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I'm sure the development is happening, it just seems to be happening very much behind-the-scenes. (Though, I can't blame them, the forums are all chock-full of noobs asking the same 5 questions over and over again.) Also, it is the holidays - even cell phone hackers have family to visit. :p

I was just hoping I could see some of the details about what they did to compile the kernel and build the flash image - I'd like to try it myself.
  7. Berzerker

Berzerker New Member

There is nothing being done by the sholes.info team ATM. I'm affiliated with their group. Maybe by Greek over at alldroid, but nothing around here atm.
  8. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Looks like there was going to be an article about it posted on the 15th, but it never came to be.

Custom Kernels | Sholes
  9. -JD-

-JD- New Member

I got my kernel 2.6.29 from sholes.info.. wifi tether is working properly, but I did notice the brightness won't adjust.. always on automatic.. which is fine, but still a bug that needs fixing. I'm sure a custom ROM is just around the corner that will address all of these issues.