1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bricked

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by benhack, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benhack

benhack New Member

I recently root my Droid running 2.2. I download ROM Manager premium and downloaded a Rom. Now when I try to turn on my phone I get the motorola symbol, then a black glowing screen.:icon_eek: If anyone can help it be great I've tried everything form a complete factory reset to a sprecovery. Although I couldnt find a recovery for 2.2. I really don't want to take her back to the store. thanks to anyone that can help
  2. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

you aren't bricked. can you get to the recovery screen? if you can, try flashing a new rom.
  3. benhack

benhack New Member

I can get to the SPRecovery screen i'm kind new to this how can i flash a new rom?
  4. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

download a rom onto your computer, then enable usb mass storage. put it on your sdcard, rename it to update.zip. then download it through sprecovery. if you used rom manager, you are supposed to be using clockwork recovery, not sprecovery
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Make sure you download an update.zip version of the rom and not a nandroid version, but this should work.

It sounds like rom manager didn't properly flash clockwork recovery, but that's what it uses to install roms, so that's likely your problem.

Try that advice and let us know what happens.

Emitted from X.
  6. benhack

benhack New Member

Thanks guys there is only one problem when i go to but this file onto my phone my phone goes black as soon as i take it off the wall charger and I can't do anything ive on tried it on a mac and can't get to a pc till tomorrow. any advice?
  7. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

Me thinks you need to charge your droid.....
  8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.