bricked trying to change rom to motoblur?

deviation56

Reaction score
i was running the latest version of hashcode's CM7 with clockwork and wanted to test out the new ICS build so as per the instructions i downloaded the latest motoblur rom and after it was done installing... now my phone won't get past the motorola dual core screen... what are my options?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i was running the latest version of hashcode's CM7 with clockwork and wanted to test out the new ICS build so as per the instructions i downloaded the latest motoblur rom and after it was done installing... now my phone won't get past the motorola dual core screen... what are my options?

Unfortunately, if you're stuck at the Dual Core logo, you're going to have to SBF. You can also use the Fast Boot option.

OP
D

deviation56

Reaction score
Could you point me in the direction of the latest SBF file for the Droid 3? I think i can figure it out from there. I've bricked quite a few Droid 1's and 2's but this is my first having to SBF a Droid 3 lol. And what is fast boot exactly?

OP
D

deviation56

Reaction score
got it running again using Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone_psouza4 which uses fastboot.... was even able to recover after accidentally hitting the power button on the surge protector that my computer was plugged into halfway through the flash causing it to fail mid-flash the first go round. :) thanks for the help!

anthony_rada

Reaction score
i my self have the same issue. i tried doing the fastboot but its not working for me i followed all the instructions to the "t" and still nothing is there anything that you can recommend?????

[EDIT]WOOOO HOOO got it back on using RSD LITE..........that was a close one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone is back in business. Now go flash Hashcode's Safestrap, so it won't happen again. :biggrin:

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Im sure it will happen again lol. So having hascodes safestrap will prevent to happen or is just to recover thru bptools? sorry im new to this bootstarp stuff i never used it on my OGDroid.. Thanks for the help!!!!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im sure it will happen again lol. So having hascodes safestrap will prevent to happen or is just to recover thru bptools? sorry im new to this bootstarp stuff i never used it on my OGDroid.. Thanks for the help!!!!

I was right there with you on the d1 stuff. Safestrap utilizes the /preinstall to boot a 2nd system from so that your stock blur on the actual /system isn't ever touched and you will ALWAYS have a custom recovery to boot into because safestrap is flashed to the actual /system partition and is never over written. With this you will never have to worry about a bootloop because you can either boot into your stock system or reflash or restore if you bootloop.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I was right there with you on the d1 stuff. Safestrap utilizes the /preinstall to boot a 2nd system from so that your stock blur on the actual /system isn't ever touched and you will ALWAYS have a custom recovery to boot into because safestrap is flashed to the actual /system partition and is never over written. With this you will never have to worry about a bootloop because you can either boot into your stock system or reflash or restore if you bootloop.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

AND on every reboot safestrap will display a splash screen that give you the option to press 'menu' an boot into the recovery, which is my favorite feature. Might take the phone an extra 15 or so seconds to boot up but its nice to see that the recovery is working like its supposed to.