Bricked rooted Droid RAZR running on ICS

xbuffaloalix

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid RAZR and backed up everything on titanium backup but I forgot to install the recovery bootstrap..so I froze some apps (so my phone won't slow down) then I shut off my phone. turned it back on and it's stuck on the boot animation on the eyeball part.
I got to the fastboot files and tried the recovery and wiped out everything hoping it would turn on but unfortunately it didn't.
And I also see a screen with a "enter usb" ???

I know I'm a noob at this but can anyone please help me out or advice?
It would be much appreciated

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Being a newbie you should research before you take the plunge and make sure you follow instructions to the letter. If you had, you would know that freezing apps with third party utilities is no longer recommended by most since the ability to disable them is built into ICS and disabling the wrong apps can result in what you are dealing with now.

If you can get to the AP Fastboot menu selection in recovery, you should be able to use the Droid RAZR utility to flash back to stock. Find the sickie thread for that utility in the Droid RAZR Hacks section, or click here >> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: