1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bricked phone?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by cubssuck1908, Feb 19, 2012.

1. cubssuck1908

cubssuck1908 New Member

I was trying to install my first ICS ROM and although it said installed, I was never able to get past the 4GLTE boot screen. When I tried to restore my nandroid backup from, it got stuck on the same screen. Now when I press the volume down button to boot into recovery, it asks me to install update. When I say yes, it installs, restarts, hangs up on 4GLTE screen. When I say no, it just reboots. It won't allow me to do anything else? How can I even begin to restore something now??
    Somebody please help here.
  2. Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman New Member

First off, you are far from bricked and came to the right place for help. Try the usual things? Battery pull, wipe cache and dalvik cache again, just to make sure, then try booting again.
    Still no dice? Did the rom that you installed, instruct you to flash a PH98IMG.zip after installing? You should check the instructions, as it seems you are missing the boot image.

As far as restoring your backup, its a semi-complex process, because when you flashed the new ICS rom, it updated your mainver.
    Your mainver is the code that your phone looks for, when it tries to load the boot image. If it's a lower number than what is currently programmed into your phone, it won't allow the update PH98IMG.zip file to load, hence your phone won't boot properly. In order to restore your backup, you'll have to change the mainver in the file of your backup, to at least the same as your current one on your phone. The highest number that I've seen in a rom is 3.10.605.13, so if you change the mainver in your backup to this, it should load just fine. Click the link for changing the mainver below. It's instructions for changing a new rom, but they are exactly the same as changing your backup as well.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...9-mainver-problems-not-anymore.html?highlight

Good luck and report back.
  3. soccerdude77

soccerdude77 New Member

Same thing happened to me. I was stuck on the same 4g screen and I freaked out. I actually found out that you need to delete the ph98img file from your root directory. Then it will work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  4. Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman New Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Nice one Soccerdude!
  5. cubssuck1908

cubssuck1908 New Member

That was exactly the problem. Kudos, sir.

Thanks everyone!
  6. soccerdude77

soccerdude77 New Member

Your welcome. I am a noob myself but I actually went thru the same experience, so I'm glad I was able to help.
Search tags for this page
4g logo hanging rezound
galaxy s 3 wont turn on past the 4g screen

galaxy s3 stuck on 4g lte screen

galaxy s3 stuck on 4g lte startup screen
galaxy s3 won't get off 4g lte startup screen
how to change verizon 4g lte logo splash screen galaxy s3
htc rezound hanging on boot screen]\
htc rezound stuck on logo screen
htc rezound won't load past 4g lte screen

nandroid restore stuck boot screen

rezound hung on 4glte screen no image