Bricked phone ?

N

Nickchapstick

What do people man when they say "aww I bricked my phone"? And why are people so paranoid about doing it. I was a total noobie about rooting and evidentally I didnt brick my DX. What the eff is bricking your phone and how do you do it?

Sent from Nicks Ultimate Droid X

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
Bottom line is that "Bricking" is some form of corrupting the operating system so that phone does not work properly or in some cases, doesn't work at all. I have bricked my DX, but was able to reflash using RSD Lite and all is now well. Did a lot of playing around with root/unroot and ROMs on D1 and never bricked that phone. Flashing the OS is same process that Verizon uses and it is really hard to brick a phone to the point that you can't recover. You just need to understand the flashing process.

antmeyerx

Reaction score
I have bricked my D2 and used RSD lite as Fl1f1sh said with his DX and got it restored annoying process though if you ask me.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"Bricking" a phone means you have turned it into nothing more than a brick. It will do nothing and can not be resurrected. People have recently starting using it to mean a temporary problem. It is not. A brick is a brick.

OP
N

Nickchapstick

all great replies thanks. and I had to sbf lile 5 times. kinda fun now if youask me lol

antmeyerx

Reaction score
"Bricking" a phone means you have turned it into nothing more than a brick. It will do nothing and can not be resurrected. People have recently starting using it to mean a temporary problem. It is not. A brick is a brick.

Point made.... my phone just seemed useless but was not the exact definition of a "bricked" phone, sorry for the poor usage of my vocabulary..