bricked or not?????

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jconman82, Feb 5, 2011.

1. jconman82

jconman82 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i got a verizio lg vortex tried to add a rom via clockworm rom manager and the phone went into fastboot mode it is now unresponsive very new to this type of stuff all help would be appreciated

2. foos3rj4m

foos3rj4m New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm correct, you can shut your phone off, and open the slider, while holding x, turn your phone back on... and that will take you back to your recovery screen. Once there, you can go back to your previous setup by hitting the nandroid backup and it's as if you never updated it... if I'm wrong someone jump in and correct me. Hope this helps... and of course, you would have had to make a nandroid backup first... which I hope you did.... good luck!

Edit: Upon further reading and looking, you don't have a droid, so I'm lost =\ lol... someone help this person. lol....

3. kyle9888

kyle9888 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No its not bricked. I did the same thing to mine and had to have my buddy help me out. You need to reflash the original recovery screen. I can find out exactly what you need and how to do it tomorrow when my buddy wakes up. I couldnt find it and He said he had to do alot of searching around because it was difficult to find. im pretty sure he used the recovery from the LG ally btw to reflash it. try that and let me know if it works.

#3 kyle9888, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Try making a post in one of the rescue squad sections of the forums. They might b able to help. Also u cannot just install any rom, it has to be made specifically for your phone model.

sent from my rooted nook color

5. kyle9888

kyle9888 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well I just told him how to fix it sense it worked for me and we both have the vortex. try the ally recovery image sense vortex doesnt have one out yet (atleast that i couldnt or my buddy)

Search tags for this page
how to unbrick lg vortex

rom manager lg vortex