Bricked my Razr updating to ICS. Battery died. Fastboot error code:0 low battery

Lintroller

Reaction score
Stuck beyond belief. Error code: 0 makes it impossible to fastboot. I can access recovery, but everything else just puts me into the Motorola "M" and "dualcore" logos.

Battery is dead and flashing the white light.

I've tried quite a number of ways to get my phone to charge but have gotten nowhere. Read things about a "factory cable", but they're out of stock and I don't have the ability to build one myself.
I have no idea where to go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moved to the ics forum

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jfbb43

Reaction score
Stuck beyond belief. Error code: 0 makes it impossible to fastboot. I can access recovery, but everything else just puts me into the Motorola "M" and "dualcore" logos.

Battery is dead and flashing the white light.

I've tried quite a number of ways to get my phone to charge but have gotten nowhere. Read things about a "factory cable", but they're out of stock and I don't have the ability to build one myself.
I have no idea where to go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this thread...
Charge Your Battery Without A Special Cable Or Taking The Phone Apart! - DroidRzr.com

jfbb43

Reaction score
Been there. Doesn't work. I've tried it at least 10 times. Doesn't get me the battery icon. I'll try it again and keep my fingers crossed, but this hasn't worked for me.

You probably been here, but this is the main thread for the update. Many users have posted the same problem. You may want to try Matt's 1.7 utility to flash back to GB if you have enough power. Sorry I can't help anymore. Good luck.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-installation-guide-droid-razr-razr-maxx.html

OP
Lintroller

Lintroller

Reaction score
I don't have the power. That's the problem. The battery is dead, I'm unable to connect my phone to my computer, and I'm stuck.

I have no idea what to do or where to go next. I need outside help or I need a new phone.

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Why in the world would you dare mess with updating and other important stuff with a low battery, lesson learned I hope?

You are best off finding someone else with the same phone and have them charge your battery, otherwise you will have to buy an accessory to charge it.

Always have a minimum of 75% battery before doing anything like this, a bit of common sense goes a long way.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Lintroller

Lintroller

Reaction score
Why in the world would you dare mess with updating and other important stuff with a low battery, lesson learned I hope?

You are best off finding someone else with the same phone and have them charge your battery, otherwise you will have to buy an accessory to charge it.

Always have a minimum of 75% battery before doing anything like this, a bit of common sense goes a long way.

You are correct. I made a grave error. I will not make any efforts to alter my phone without a full charge ever again. Unfortunately, I had to learn this lesson the hard way.

When you say I have to buy an accessory to charge it, could you help define what that is exactly? I really need to just get the battery charged at this point. Any help on how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Does your phone have a removable battery?

If not I am at a loss, and the one reason I will NEVER buy a phone that has a built in battery.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Does your phone have a removable battery?

If not I am at a loss, and the one reason I will NEVER buy a phone that has a built in battery.

Thread title is "Bricked my Razr" Razr's don't have removeable batteries.

OP
Lintroller

Lintroller

Reaction score
The battery is not easily removable, but it's possible. Not sure how difficult, but anything would be better than having the Droid Paperweight I have now.

My next step is going to be to try and replace the Droid Razr battery. Not sure if anybody even sells them locally, but I've gotta try something. I need my phone up and running in 36 hours.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My son came home with a bricked Razr Maxx after his "Update" ( was low on battery when download started) I did the simulated battery removal (Power/Volume Down)and held it until a faint red line went across the screen and released, phone came on and we hooked up to his charger. Been fine ever since.

OP
Lintroller

Lintroller

Reaction score
My son came home with a bricked Razr Maxx after his "Update" ( was low on battery when download started) I did the simulated battery removal (Power/Volume Down)and held it until a faint red line went across the screen and released, phone came on and we hooked up to his charger. Been fine ever since.

I've tried 2 or 3 variations of this a combination of 100+ times, but have only come up empty to this point. I'd love to simply charge the phone, but from my current vantage point, it appears like it's a wash without some outside force at work.