Bricked my RAZR, Need to know what to do next...

dinzle3490

Reaction score
So, I got a little impatient for ICS on my razr and I tried intalling a rom on my device. It didn't work, and when I tried to restore it my restore did not work. I'm wondering if this is because I think I created my restore with safe mode disabled and restored it in safe mode. So as of no I have safestrap, what i think is a bootloop and a low battery, just wondering what to do next. I have heard it is bad news to mix safe and unsafe mode but idk if that means that it just doesn't allow it to flash properly. just not sure what to do and do not want to screw things up further. I know that I can try installing it through RSD lite but that for me seems like a last ditch effort. Sorry, it is kind of long winded, just wondering what is it best, try and restore it in unsafe mode (always thought that was a bad idea) or try something else.

Thanks,
Matt

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Pull the battery :)...just kidding (trying to start with a little humor)...

I would honestly power the phone down, download the Razr Utility files and restore to stock...Once your phone is powered off, you should be able to charge it as well...the Razr Utility is a lengthy download and once you start on the restore process, you do not want a low battery - a low battery and a stock restore could result in an unrecoverable brick. I think right now you are only soft bricked but definitely try to get the phone charged if possible before restoring.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Pull the battery :)...just kidding (trying to start with a little humor)...

I would honestly power the phone down, download the Razr Utility files and restore to stock...Once your phone is powered off, you should be able to charge it as well...the Razr Utility is a lengthy download and once you start on the restore process, you do not want a low battery - a low battery and a stock restore could result in an unrecoverable brick. I think right now you are only soft bricked but definitely try to get the phone charged if possible before restoring.

VERY IMPORTANT: When charging do NOT power the phone on. Leave the phone powered off and simply plug the wall charger in. It will boot into Charge-only mode instead and give the battery a full saturation charge to 100%. This will take about 3 hours.

If you are stuck in a boot-loop and can't power off the phone, there are ways to recover and get to Charge-only mode by tricking the phone into a power-off through the Boot Mode Selection Menu. Let me know and I'll post instructions.

OP
D

dinzle3490

Reaction score
Thanks, but one more thing, as soon as I plug in my phone it turns on and gives me the option to go into safestrap or to continue, which do I choose? I cannot seem to leave It plugged in and completely off.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks, but one more thing, as soon as I plug in my phone it turns on and gives me the option to go into safestrap or to continue, which do I choose? I cannot seem to leave It plugged in and completely off.

Since you have Safestrap installed, I believe you may be able to get to the Charge Only mode by pressing and holding the Power and Down Volume buttons while in that menu for about 10 seconds WHILE PLUGGED IN. There are other methods to try but let's see if that works first.

OP
D

dinzle3490

Reaction score
nope it just restarts itself and i'm in the same place as before.

Concistency

Reaction score
If you can't get it to charge, try a factory cable if your not using one, that will do the trick quite often.

cdrazr

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Except when I plug it in to charge, it stays stuck on the Dual Core Screen. Also, I don't have Safe Strap or anything installed. Help please!

Rimbeaux

Reaction score
VERY IMPORTANT: When charging do NOT power the phone on. Leave the phone powered off and simply plug the wall charger in. It will boot into Charge-only mode instead and give the battery a full saturation charge to 100%. This will take about 3 hours.

If you are stuck in a boot-loop and can't power off the phone, there are ways to recover and get to Charge-only mode by tricking the phone into a power-off through the Boot Mode Selection Menu. Let me know and I'll post instructions.

Can you post the instructions for tricking the phone into a power-off? Thanks!

celticpayne

Reaction score
im still looking for proper program to fix soft brick for (DROID RAZR M XT907) 4.1.2 . when stuck in fastboot.
tried droidrazrutility and it did not work.. so any help will be helpful