bricked my phone help

evh5150

Reaction score
so today i downloaded and used the z4root app and rooted my droid then downloaded and installed cynogen or wutever its called rom....everything was going fine and when it rebooted its stuck on the motorola screen with no response. its a motorola droid frg22d 2.2 im so pissed right now

OP
E

evh5150

Reaction score
nvrmn i did a battery pull and it seems to be working again but the damn rom didnt install

OP
E

evh5150

Reaction score
i dont get it i tried to install bugless beast and it got past the motorola screen but then it went to the rescue mode screen whats going on i keep having to take out the battery to restart

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No guarantee I can help but how are you flashing roms. It seems like you might be missing a step if its failed on 2 diff roms.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed.

No guarantee I can help but how are you flashing roms. It seems like you might be missing a step if its failed on 2 diff roms.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
When you boot into recovery do you get a triangle with a ! or a ClockworkMod Recovery since I'm assuming you downloaded ROM Manager and used that to install CyanogenMod 6 stable?

Did you wipe system and data caches? Did you make a backup? Was your battery charged above 70% before you started flashing? Did you install an overclocking kernel? Did you attempt to install a theme at the same time? Did you install the app pack? Did you install the proper app pack for CyanogenMod? Did you lock your recovery image in memory or did the 2C 7C bootloader nail you too? Is it the stable version or are you trying to install a nightly? If so, what nightly build are you trying to install?

OP
E

evh5150

Reaction score
i used rom manager to install after using the z4root app....i then clicked on the rom cleared, wiped system cache and everything now it takes me to recovery mode with an !...................Im new to this so i dont know all the lingo yet but i followed the instructions on a website and so far nothing my phone must be rooted because ive been able to install and use setcpu and wifi tether

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Whatever website you went to obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. The bootloader that shipped with FroYo doesn't let you replace the recovery image without tricking it.

I have the proper instructions for the method you're trying to follow, if you're interested.

OP
E

evh5150

Reaction score
man i dont get it all i did was install z4root then got rooted. I then downloaded rom manager and went to install cyanogen rom and when it reboots itself it takes me to the screen with the triangle and !..ive tried downloading and installing a bunch of other roms and it just doesnt do aything sometimes it will restart the phone and everything is just normal am i missing something

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
evh, if you are still having problems it's because you need to root via link 3 in my sig (your custom recovery is being overwritten by the stock one every time you reboot)then you should be able to install any Rom you like.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I sent you instructions via PM on how to use z4root and RM to get it to work. That's as easy as it gets. If you don't want to mess around with Astro then you can modify it to work with your PC/Mac.

jonstewart2

Reaction score
i have a serious problem..my droid x wont power on...i can only get into the bootloader but it says bootloader 30.04 Err: A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F MEM_MAP Blank Service Req'd Battery Low(this is blinking) Cannot Program(this is blinking as well) i have a droid x 2.2 it is rooted... i tried doing the rsd lite flash an at the part where it said please manually reboot this device i un plugged an tried to get it to come on but it wouldnt.. i believe i got into this when i dwnldd rom managr an installed the themes an custom roms...plz help