Bricked my droid 2..need to sbf..help..please?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus, they won't or shouldn't spend too much time checking to see if your rooted (unless its obvious). If you can access bootloader, I'd run the sbf again. If its possible of course

CM7-11/18

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
As long as the full SBF ran then it is stock unrooted and you should be fine.

Yeah well i sbf the phone..just there wasnt enough battery to update it to gingerbread..it got up to 80%and battery gave out..i really hope they cant tell.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Plus, they won't or shouldn't spend too much time checking to see if your rooted (unless its obvious). If you can access bootloader, I'd run the sbf again. If its possible of course

CM7-11/18

Nah i got out of bootloader..so i hope im good..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
What happens when you turn on the phone?

CM7-11/18

Well right now the battery is completely dead..so it wont do anything..yesterday it went to an all black screen with a white "M" and than the screen changes and it showed a big grey empty battery icon with a big "?" In the middle of it..but right now it wont turn on for anything..all i see is a lil white light thats on the side of the charger where its plugged in cuz im trying to leave it for a few hrs just to see what it does..i wonder what went wrong after i sbf..could it be that the "cut USB cord method" fried something in the phone..like maybe the connector ports where the battery goes?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
By what you are saying I think you should be fine. I forgot that it failed when you tried to update to GB. You are going to need to get a battery either way unless when you put your old one in the new phone it works. But you would probably be better off just picking one up.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
By what you are saying I think you should be fine. I forgot that it failed when you tried to update to GB. You are going to need to get a battery either way unless when you put your old one in the new phone it works. But you would probably be better off just picking one up.

Yeah one thing i forgot to tell them was to try my battery out on another D2..since they said they were sending a replacement..but i was told the at another phone shop that the battery was good..that the problem might have been inside the phone..something went wrong for using that "cut USB cord method" thats is what made my battery say its invalid..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What about Ebay? Cuz i have money on a PayPal acct so ill order the battery from them..or is Amazon guaranteed to send me a legit one?

As long as the numbers match it should be ok. I just have never gotten one from there. I have just always had luck getting them from Amazon so I stick with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amazon for sure.

So the phone doesn't boot up at all? Can you access stock recovery or bootloader still? You should be fine if the phone won't boot. But if vzw gets it and it was just a battery issue and the sbf didn't work and they see that you're rooted, its gonna be a big bill. I'd play it safe and sbf again IF you can access bootloader. That's just me tho. Wishing you all the best!!

CM7-11/18

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Amazon for sure.

So the phone doesn't boot up at all? Can you access stock recovery or bootloader still? You should be fine if the phone won't boot. But if vzw gets it and it was just a battery issue and the sbf didn't work and they see that you're rooted, its gonna be a big bill. I'd play it safe and sbf again IF you can access bootloader. That's just me tho. Wishing you all the best!!

CM7-11/18

Nope phone wont boot up..no juice in the battery to power it on..it had enough to turn on to show me the motorola "M" Logo and than show me a big grey empty battery icon with a "?" In it.. the SBF def went through and worked cuz the phone at one point had enough juice to let me update to gingerbread only thing it stopped at 80% while updating cuz there was hardly any juice left in the battery..and thats when the phone turned off..something went wrong for using that "cut USB cord method" cuz after SBF is when it told me that "battery is invalid..replace with original motorola battery"

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
As long as the numbers match it should be ok. I just have never gotten one from there. I have just always had luck getting them from Amazon so I stick with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I got you..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Amazon for sure.

CM7-11/18

Even i was able to get to bootloader theres still not enough battery to SBF which means i have to do the whole USB thing again and i really dont feel like doing that..well come to find out that my girlfriend tried to put the battery in one of her sisters friends phone and the battery works and charges..so its def not a battery issue now..but im gonna go with the replacement and if they find something wrong than that replacement will def be getting sent back..thanks alot for your help..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's cool. If you were able to dl the ota from verizon you must have been on stock froyo. You're good!

CM7-11/18

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
That's cool. If you were able to dl the ota from verizon you must have been on stock froyo. You're good!

CM7-11/18

Yeah i hope so..the download didnt complete thats the only thing..but hopefully im good.thanks