Bricked my droid 2..need to sbf..help..please?

Reaction score
I already have the motorola usb drivers installed on my laptop..as well as rsd lite..i need an up to date sbf file to go back to stock..or is there another way to get out of bootloader? And oh yeah..the battery is low..says it wont program..is there a solution for that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately you will need to charge the battery externally either with a spare battery charger or if someone you know has a droid 2 or a droid 1 (if I recall the battery is the same). And what do you mean another way to get out of the bootloader?

skruid

Reaction score
The batteries are the same I had to charge my d2g battery with my d1 then sbf, and it worked great

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The batteries are the same I had to charge my d2g battery with my d1 then sbf, and it worked great

I thought so but thank you for the verification!

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Unfortunately you will need to charge the battery externally either with a spare battery charger or if someone you know has a droid 2 or a droid 1 (if I recall the battery is the same). And what do you mean another way to get out of the bootloader?

I SBF'ed the phone using the "cut the USB cord method"
which worked for me to be able to flash it back to stock..i tried to do the OTA update for gingerbread..at about 80% battery died out..and now battery said its invalid and wont charge..any suggestions? Thanks in advance

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I just did a quick search and the only place I came across this issue it ended up being the battery was now dead and needed to be replaced. Aside from that I have never done this method so I do not know what else to suggest. Either way when that message is displayed I would suggest a new/different battery.

Insidious

Reaction score
I SBF'ed the phone using the "cut the USB cord method"
which worked for me to be able to flash it back to stock..i tried to do the OTA update for gingerbread..at about 80% battery died out..and now battery said its invalid and wont charge..any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I've tried that ohe before but it didn't work and messed up my battery. I just borrowed a battery from a friend.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I just did a quick search and the only place I came across this issue it ended up being the battery was now dead and needed to be replaced. Aside from that I have never done this method so I do not know what else to suggest. Either way when that message is displayed I would suggest a new/different battery.

Yeah idk what to do..i just took it to some mom and pop sell phone shop..and they said the battery is good..they didnt have a spare one to test it out..so i need to go to a verizon dealer and im assuming i gotta buy another battery..Fml..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah idk what to do..i just took it to some mom and pop sell phone shop..and they said the battery is good..they didnt have a spare one to test it out..so i need to go to a verizon dealer and im assuming i gotta buy another battery..Fml..

Sorry I just saw this now. You could always try getting the battery off of Amazon, it needs to ship but they are way cheaper. And what did they do to say that the battery was ok?

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Sorry I just saw this now. You could always try getting the battery off of Amazon, it needs to ship but they are way cheaper. And what did they do to say that the battery was ok?

Yeah they said the battery was good..and they tested out a brand new battery on my phone and my phone turned on..but the battery still had a "?" In it..and he tried to charge it and it did nothing..so i left verizon..i got in the car and tried to plug the phone in the charger..and now i see a liltle white light where the charger goes in..but now the phone doesnt wanna turn on for anything..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah they said the battery was good..and they tested out a brand new battery on my phone and my phone turned on..but the battery still had a "?" In it..and he tried to charge it and it did nothing..so i left verizon..i got in the car and tried to plug the phone in the charger..and now i see a liltle white light where the charger goes in..but now the phone doesnt wanna turn on for anything..

Ok so they put a new battery in and the phone turned on but when plugged in it would not charge at all. To me that sounds like a phone issue, did they not say anything about a replacement or something of that nature?

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Ok so they put a new battery in and the phone turned on but when plugged in it would not charge at all. To me that sounds like a phone issue, did they not say anything about a replacement or something of that nature?

Ok..so i went to verizon and spoke to someone again..they will send me a replacement.. i should get it on fri..so now im a little worried that when i receive the replacement..that when i send in the ons thats damaged..i dont wanna be charged full price if they find out the phone has been rooted...but since i sbf it to stock..i dont if i lost the root so they cant tell..what do you think?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
As long as the full SBF ran then it is stock unrooted and you should be fine.