Bricked my D2g and why I love Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowa

Reaction score
I have heard of people getting billed before after they did this kind of thing. Karma will catch up to you.

I don't know whether or not he gets billed but I know it won't have a thing to do with an imaginary thing called karma. I might have done the same thing as the OP (although I'd unroot it first) & not lose a wink of sleep. Know why? Because everything isn't black & white or absolute. Sometimes people get screwed & sometimes businesses get shafted.

I've never done this with my phone but you better believe I shafted Microsoft on 360's. Was it the right thing to do? In my opinion & in the view of millions of others, yes. Was it ethical? Not so much.

Just because you did the same thing and so did "a million others" doesn't make it the right thing to do. Sorry, but that is a fallacy. Just because something is or is not some way does not mean that it should be that way. Lots of people do lots of things, however that doesn't make it right. He defrauded a vendor...if you are ok with that then that's cool, however it certainly doesn't make it ok.

dancedroid

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
It was the right thing to do for me and millions of others. That was my point.

BigZig

Reaction score
There is a big difference between what microsoft was doing with 360's and what this guy did with his phone , microsoft had defective product that went out and extended the warranty to to cover that defect. Now if you opened and modded your xbox like he did with his phone good luck getting microsoft to replace your xbox.it is to totaly different situations

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I did with 360s was sort of comparable. I forced them to have the RROD before their warranties were up. Was it wrong? Yes & no.

You don't think there's defects in these phones? Ever read about chip yeild?

BigZig

Reaction score
You where just exploiting and existing defect not totally creating the problem yourself. By doing what you did. Was not voiding the warranty and you just sent your xbox in to get it repaired or a replacement refurb One not a brand new out of the box item. So while not wrong just a show of your true character

Sweettooth

Reaction score
You forced the RROD for the free games, accessories, and XBL subscriptions? That's genius!...*ahem* but uh...it was the wrong thing to do... ;)

Reaction score
I did the same thing back when the OG Droid came out. The difference being I acutally ended up with 2 Droids due to the BOGO free deal they had going on at the time. Did that drive up the price of the OG Droids? No, in fact the price took a nose dive. Did they start locking down the phones? Yes, but correlation does not equate to causation, that may have been inevitable for all we know.

U MAD?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
@bigzig Oh no no no. You can't have it both ways. What I did to those poor 360s was just as deviant as the OP....maybe more so due to me doing it for other people. Most were working just fine. I just wasn't willing to wait until they were out of warranty to break. Basically I could screw them or wait to get screwed.

Fraudulent claims might be the explanation given for an increase in premiums or phone prices but I can assure you that it is not the actuall catalyst.

.......& I think my picture of Kimmy Gibler is a better judge of my character thank you!

@sweetooth love the pic.
@ipirate anytime

BigZig

Reaction score
You did not say you did it for other people at first but just wrapping a 360 in a blanket for hours is a lot different then hacking a phone and then returning it for brand new product. also if your fine with having poor character well that's up to you. Good luck with the rest of your life.

OP
patfactorx

patfactorx

Reaction score
If they made the D2G like the D1 in terms of hackability I also wouldn't have bricked it. Google wants these phones to be more like the Nexus S/One but the carriers are locking them down. If you have ever used desktop Linux you would know how hard it is to jack it up (brick).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

BigZig

Reaction score
Where was I being hypocitical all I said was that forcing RROD was something different from rooting a phone never did I say it was ok to do either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.