bricked it...any ideas welcom PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

knivesout

Reaction score
Don't worry about it OP. If you had dropped it & shattered the screen it would have cost more to fix & that would also be your fault yet no one would be chastising you.
There's a difference between third party insurance and manufacturer's warranty. If the screen was shattered and he didn't have insurance he would be SoL..

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
my screen is broke anyway. not the actual glass but something is sticking up from under the glass at the bottom of the screen. that is the reason vzw techs would not look at it. they told me to call ins and just to get a new one. i dont care if its my fault or not. it happened and i asked for an idea but it seems most of you are *****. i dont really care how you are lookin at my claim. ive been paying for phone ins for over 10 years and have never made a claim. never had to. so ive paid my dues for a new one.
but if you are so smart...tell me why rsd flashed it a few times. then i flashed one more time and it said it failed. then the phone said it cant be programed. answer that one genius.

Reaction score
my screen is broke anyway. not the actual glass but something is sticking up from under the glass at the bottom of the screen. that is the reason vzw techs would not look at it. they told me to call ins and just to get a new one. i dont care if its my fault or not. it happened and i asked for an idea but it seems most of you are *****. i dont really care how you are lookin at my claim. ive been paying for phone ins for over 10 years and have never made a claim. never had to. so ive paid my dues for a new one.
but if you are so smart...tell me why rsd flashed it a few times. then i flashed one more time and it said it failed. then the phone said it cant be programed. answer that one genius.

The reason why we're ***** is because your original claim led to the fact that your phone was bricked so you called verizon to get a replacement. This is one of the major reasons why the android mod community is facing a lock down because people root their phones knowing the risk, and continue to defraud when their equipment goes faulty. The fact that you had an alternate excuse for replacement long after your persecution doesn't give you any leeway for your original reason to get a replacement.

Tensions are high recently because a number of bad apples are spoiling the bunch. So I ask you, are you a red delicious or a granny smith? I dont think any of us are out of line in pointing out what we feel to be harmful to the community as a whole.As a matter of fact it's our responsibility as a community to do so.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do you care what kind of claim he makes? It does not effect the *community in any way. Don't bother with that driving up prices lecture because it's laughable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its not driving up prices... but when we look to the companies locking down phones and try to argue that rooting is not hampering a companies profitability, they only have to look as far as the people posting in these forums to show that ripping them off is commonplace. Why hand over more reason to justify their attack on the modding community? The only reason why I care is he makes a perfect case for those wanting to permanently do away with root access.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why attack someone in the *community for something you know is a BS company line?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a little shocked that Droidforums allows criminal threads...and yes....insurance fraud is a crime, and conducting insurance fraud makes you a criminal.

So in turn DroidForums could be seen as engaging in criminal activities....or condoning them....by allowing threads like could easily be seen like this.

I am sure by reading my post here I have just made some enemies....but in all honesty it is things JUST LIKE THIS that are the cause to the locked bootloaders, recent warranty replacement changes, and threads like the P3 one going around.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not shocked that Droid forums allows people to be labeled as frauds. The OP hasn't committed any fraud. You're just assuming he has.
If you're so against sending in rooted phones why not help him?
BTW blame Moto for bricks not the user. We didn't want an activated efuse that exists only to brick phones.

Last edited:

kickyindahead

Reaction score

The reason why we're ***** is because your original claim led to the fact that your phone was bricked so you called verizon to get a replacement. This is one of the major reasons why the android mod community is facing a lock down because people root their phones knowing the risk, and continue to defraud when their equipment goes faulty. The fact that you had an alternate excuse for replacement long after your persecution doesn't give you any leeway for your original reason to get a replacement.

Tensions are high recently because a number of bad apples are spoiling the bunch. So I ask you, are you a red delicious or a granny smith? I dont think any of us are out of line in pointing out what we feel to be harmful to the community as a whole.As a matter of fact it's our responsibility as a community to do so.

If your screen was 'broke' anyway, why did you not take the advice given by a VERIZON tech and just make an insurance claim? That is why we pay for insurance... stuff happens! You saying.. "ive been paying for phone ins for over 10 years and have never made a claim. never had to. so ive paid my dues for a new one."... Thats like me saying ... I totaled my car while drunk driving and nobody can prove it but ive been paying my car insurance faithfully for the past 14 years so im entitled to a free car from the manufacturer. Sorry dude... dont work that way! Sounds like you were just wanting a hand out for your own mistake.

What do you care what kind of claim he makes? It does not effect the *community in any way. Don't bother with that driving up prices lecture because it's laughable.

Driving up prices? Come on ... we're not talking about gasoline here. If you believe that claims like this do not effect the community in any way shape or form .. you need to go bury your head back in the sand... claims like this are a serious issue and they need to be stopped. The reason why we care what kind of claim he made is because of the recent pressure that has been forced on the developing community because of fraudulent warranty claims. Read, re-read and re-read again P3droids thread that has been circulating ... its very disconcerting news!!!

I am a little shocked that Droidforums allows criminal threads...and yes....insurance fraud is a crime, and conducting insurance fraud makes you a criminal.

So in turn DroidForums could be seen as engaging in criminal activities....or condoning them....by allowing threads like could easily be seen like this.

I am sure by reading my post here I have just made some enemies....but in all honesty it is things JUST LIKE THIS that are the cause to the locked bootloaders, recent warranty replacement changes, and threads like the P3 one going around.

Seriously? Droidforums allowing or condoning criminal threads? Are you kidding me? Have you not read through the posts on this particular thread? It seems like MOST everyone that has commented has chastised him for making a fraudulent warranty claim. There is no insurance fraud with rooting... rooting is a form a jailbreaking so to speak and it has been ruled in courts of law that jailbreaking is NOT illegal. Rooting only voids your warranty... not your third party insurance. The OP had a good reason to make an insurance claim as he stated above after being told by a Verizon tech to make an insurance claim on his "broke screen", but he chose to go with a warranty claim instead.. i am just speculating after reading through this thread several times.

listen guys.. ive put almost ever rom on this phone. ive sbf so many times i lost count. i swaped batteries out and just didnt put the door on the back. my 3 yr old hit the cord while it was flashing and knocked it off the desk, it hit the floor and batt popped out. i tried all the know fixes. im no noob. i flashed the sbf countless times before i posted here. i noticed now after not touching it all day that i plugged it in and on the bootloader screen, it says can not program instead of ok to program. im pretty sure that the sbf went through if it got stuck in a bootloop so mabey they wont be able to tell i was rooted. oh well. reguardless, i need a phone and had to get it replaced.
ive dont this for months. mabey the battery drop in the middle of flashing killed it. RSD lite 4.7 with patch wont even see the phone nor will rsd lite 4.9. oh well. if i can restore it i will and still send it back. otherwise, thx for the smartass comments. i just thought mabey someone had a trick or something i dont know yet. guess not.

If you knew what you were doing then you realistically wouldn't have this problem. Rooting voids your warranty. If that's a problem to you then you should have just stayed stock. Your essentially committing a varied form of warranty/insurance fraud and it seems to be these instances that are to blame for the new p3droid claims.

really no need to comment on this .. point has already been made but what the hell .. do the droid community a favor and stay stock next time so NEXT time you make a warranty claim .. it wont be a fraudulent one.

Lastly, EVERY developer that has so freely shared their moddings within this forum have all said "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK". Meaning whatever you do to your phone is your problem, not the developers nor the manufacturers fault. Since Verizon techs told you that you had a valid reason to make an insurance claim you should have chalked up the premium cost.. which is what $50? .. and made an insurance claim instead of making your fraudulent warranty claim. So best advice... read, re-read, and re-read again EVERY post that has been posted about sbf and rooting on this forum site. An answer lies within these posts from people who are much smarter and know more about the android system than the majority of android users. Also, make sure you always eat every carrot and pea on your plate!

Oh and P.S. ... Im probably the closest thing to a newb to the droid community but my dumba$$ still has enough common sense to place the battery cover on the phone after placing the battery in its place. Just saying.. that was a pretty noobish thing to do!

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
i know i fd up. thats not the point. the claim isnt the point anymore either. the phone got screwed up and i asked for an idea.THATS ALL I DID HERE. you all are so quick to jump down someones throat like i broke your phone. calm down people. wtf. i knew the risks.
and as an update..like you guys care anyway. i swaped battries out and reflashed and everything went smooth. i dont know what that did but it worked. ill just return the one i got now. and i ran all the adb commands to root and now im back on liberty 2.0 with full mods made to it too.
thanks for all your help and comments cause only one or two of you had something worth reading to say. the rest just cut me down.
have a nice day now....im sure you'll all jump down my throat another day...so ttyl

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I for one apologize if you think I was trying to cut you down. I think most of these reactions were due to that guy who bricked his phone and got it replaced by telling VZW he "accidently ran it over"......that kind of stuff doesn't work well for our community. Might have just assumed you were following the same path.

So...again my apologies for any insult directed your way.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
@OP Congratulations. I'm glad you got it worked out.

@kickyindahead
@nerdslogic
@jerseyfirefighter
@knivesout
@Droid does!
@rustydog
Congratulations tools. You really showed how ignorant & awful the majority of posting users on DF can be. You can crawl back in the toolbox now that the Crusades are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.