bricked incredible?

delamore.travis12

Reaction score
hey everyone i am new to the incredible hacking method. i recently started this process

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

i was in the recovery window and completed the above process. phone was sitting on desk connected to comp. screen went black and the notification light blinks orange. phone wont boot up to recovery or regular mode

please help??

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So to be clear you installed the drivers and ran the unrevoked.exe?
Edit:
As I'm re reading this it sounds like you were just in hboot and intalled the drivers? If so there is nothing in that process that could brick a phone. I'm sure your phone just froze up and the battery pull i recommended below should get ya going again.

Have you tried a batt pull and rebooting the phone? As far as i know there is nothing in the process can could lead to a bricking.

OP
D

delamore.travis12

Reaction score
You are correct, my phone did boot up. Sorry i just got freaked when it wouldn't respond for a good 10 minutes. Sucked the battery life all the way down to 12% though from a good charge around 80% which is still pretty weird. Thanks for the quick respose

statona

Reaction score
Hi guys - hope you don't mind if I join in - I'm close to that...

Ok - I got myself into a world of mess... I HAVE A TOTAL WHITE SCREEN... I rooted using unrevoked3, installed froyo - no problems, then attempted to install the market app through a .zip file that I loaded on the SD card loaded it, and now I get a white screen...

However, before adding froyo - I was trying to unroot... and it was aborting the app I installed from the "unroot video"... and somehow, I came upon the app to install froyo - did so, etc...I have tried to do some of the things that I know - restart using the down volume and I get the hboot screen and I have tried all of the options in there... but eventually, rebooting, ultimately brings me back to a white screen.

I'm very very non-technical and have no idea what to do with it next.

Now I just want to get back to my happy go lucky life of having an android...and a phone that is needed for work.

Help!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
K. Slow down here. Are you rooted? If so do you have ClockWork recovery still? Can you get to recovery? If you can get to recovery, I would reload the nandroid back up you should have made. If you did not make a back up i would re load the froyo rom fresh and clean again.

statona

Reaction score
Doug - you are a rockstar... thanks for the info on the recovery and back to the nandroid... not sure how I didn't find this before - and it looks like, it took me back to the very beginning - as though I have never had the phone on... Thanks!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fantastic. You can thank koush for writing a recovery that can save your ass when needed. :p

statona

Reaction score
ok, so thanks for getting me there... I am hoping now that I can totally unroot the phone... as it appears that I still have root (the superuser permissions app is still there).

So that I don't do the superfreak on the phone again...

axemanmike

Reaction score
me too ?

i was trying to load cm6 on my rooted 2.2( 4 days old ) incredible.. i had problem with rom manager... so i loaded alt recovery... did backup... then found patch..zip to fix rom manager... un zippedit .. then it seemed like rom manager was working... but it flashed screen.. no error i could see and it wet to black screen with white bars.... 10 min .. pulled battery.. rebooted to same black with white but with white block on bottom( 1/2 inch or so.. hmm so i finally got to boot to clock work but would alway got ot htc incredible screen and that is it... so i tried to reload .zip.. no ggod then i tried zipped back to 2.1 stock... oops now i get nada.. black screen only... i hit power with vol down nada... if i just hit power i get one buzz but nothing else.... plug into pc and hit power.. get usb chime and c sees it as android device with 1.0 loaded bt cant see drive or anything else.... am i dead or can it be saved

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i was trying to load cm6 on my rooted 2.2( 4 days old ) incredible.. i had problem with rom manager... so i loaded alt recovery... did backup... then found patch..zip to fix rom manager... un zippedit .. then it seemed like rom manager was working... but it flashed screen.. no error i could see and it wet to black screen with white bars.... 10 min .. pulled battery.. rebooted to same black with white but with white block on bottom( 1/2 inch or so.. hmm so i finally got to boot to clock work but would alway got ot htc incredible screen and that is it... so i tried to reload .zip.. no ggod then i tried zipped back to 2.1 stock... oops now i get nada.. black screen only... i hit power with vol down nada... if i just hit power i get one buzz but nothing else.... plug into pc and hit power.. get usb chime and c sees it as android device with 1.0 loaded bt cant see drive or anything else.... am i dead or can it be saved

Try pulling the battery and then rebooting. Might be in qualcomm diag mode.

axemanmike

Reaction score
nope

im passed pulling batteries lol just get one buzz/ vibrate when i hit power... that it pleease help was up til 3:00 this morning... see post time lol

TreyDaPrince

Reaction score
I also have a problem. A bad MM theme threw me in a boot loop and before anyone says it YES I CREATED A BACKUP. The problem is getting to it. I have a SLCD DInc so when I try to go into Clockwork recovery I get a black screen with 2 white bars. Is there anyway to restore this backup?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I also have a problem. A bad MM theme threw me in a boot loop and before anyone says it YES I CREATED A BACKUP. The problem is getting to it. I have a SLCD DInc so when I try to go into Clockwork recovery I get a black screen with 2 white bars. Is there anyway to restore this backup?

Yes. But you need to flash a recovery that works with Slcd. You can flash am man ra through rom manager or flash this tweaked Cw recovery through hboot.

I rooted and now I only see a black screen with white bars in recovery.

On the second method back up your sd card and then format it to FAT32.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Yes. But you need to flash a recovery that works with Slcd. You can flash am man ra through rom manager or flash this tweaked Cw recovery through hboot.

I rooted and now I only see a black screen with white bars in recovery.

On the second method back up your sd card and then format it to FAT32.

I have an early Dinc., with the AMOLED screen, so I didn't experience any of this, however Doug was *very* helpful to me when I was feeling my way around on rooting the Dinc. He's a good guy, and it's nice to see he's still pumping out useful advice. :):)

-Mike

grizzdj

Reaction score
Same issue as original post

Hello all. New here and hoping someone can help. I am having a similar issue to the original post. I have rooted the phone using Unrevoked 3.21 and completed that successfully. I decided I wanted to try to un-root and found this video (How to: Root and Unroot the Droid Incredible - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - second video) and followed the instructions as outlined.

Everything went just as described in the video until I reached the reboot portion. I selected reboot and now have a black screen and unresponsive device. When it is plugged in, the charging indicator light comes on (orange). When I press the power button I get one vibe with a USB chime like it is connecting but the screen stays black.

I have tried installing the SDK and using the ddms to see if I could access the device to no avail. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I have tried to followed instructions to the letter.

Please help! I am at a loss about what to try next and don't want to take the phone back in to a Verizon store - not sure if that is even a feasible option now that it is rooted. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.