Bricked from charging???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by murd, Nov 13, 2010.

1. murd

murd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,
    Droid Incredible
    SR 3.3 Sense S-off
    CWMR 2.5.0.5
    stock kernel

I'm on a trip upstate and used my phone as a GPS tool, pretty much the only reason i made it up here. I also used an energizer energi-to-go micro usb charger. Last night I threw my phone on the wall charger and passed out. This morning I wake up and find that I can't turn on my phone whatsoever. The notification LED isn't on at all while it's on the charger.

Did my phone really just get bricked from charging? I've taken the battery out thrown it back in, tried regular USB charging. Nothing is responsive. I've never dropped this phone or anything(i didn't get the insurance) so I have been super careful. Now I'm stuck up here

I know I can mapquest but I still have stuff to do up here and calling people on my phone is a major part of that

What do i do?

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Unfortunately there probably isn't any quick fix for you at this point. Some 'after market' chargers apparently shouldn't be used. If you have had your phone new from VZW for less than a year, it should still be under manufacturer's warranty and you can return it for another one. And since it won't boot at all, there's really no need to worry about it being rooted, etc.

good luck

3. Aram58

Aram58 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your probably gonna need to sbf it if you want to fix it yourself. You can't turn it on though so your only option is using the manufacture warranty.

Sent from my stunning rooted droid using tapatalk.

4. murd

murd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Took it to a vwz store. Dudeman took battery out and somehow got it workin. I just took it back and said I needed to take some calls

5. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just want to point out that the OP has a HTC Incredible. RSD Lite was written by Motorola for Motorola phones ONLY and the .sbf files are ONLY for the SPECIFIC Motorola phone models they were designed for. I don't do this to harrass you, just to make sure it's clear for the readers.

Glad it worked out for you murd.

6. Aram58

Aram58 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your right. I didn't think of that

Sent from my stunning rooted droid using tapatalk.

7. Fonzz

Fonzz Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I got a chuckle outta that...

8. murd

murd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i actually had a bit of a glitch from yesterday on my trip back.
    was runnin out of batteries and ran into a publix to charge it real quick. when i got it hooked up and powered it on it took years to get out of the bootsequence. then when i finally got that it prompted me the calibration screen like it was my first time setting it up. just like a bad omen i got a million force closes after that and was like sweet....glad my only recent nandbackup was right before i flashed SR3.3.2 :| anyways it looks like its force closing all my home replacements and a few other apps. (im guessin most of them are widgets on the other homescreens) titanium backup fc'd for some reason too. Well for now i'm stuck on the crappy skyraider sense ui.

Any clues how to resolve this lil issue, i know your first thought would be recover to the other nand but i'd like to fix this without goin through that

9. murd

murd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I figured out complete uninstall and reinstall fixes this problem. sucks cuz all my widgets got cleared and titanium restore couldnt pull all my data back. But at least pandahome is up and running again.

(anyone know a fast screen switcher like the sense UI pinch for panda?)