Bricked droid1

gjposner

Reaction score
Yea, shes dead.. it was clocked to the highest at 1ghz, but never really hit it, stayed mostly in 550 to 750.. but I am guessing it may have gotten stuck on the max and kicked the bucket.. But for 65 I got one used, so I guess I am okay.. and since it is dead, I would like your alls assistance with finding good ways to kill it. I will be doing an equipment autopsy on it, to see if I can find WHY it broke, then I will probably destroy it in a wonderful way.. wither tapcon through phone from air cannon, using a Microwave Oven transformer to destroy it with high voltage, maybe hit it with a tesla coil.. maybe even see if a droid 1 blends.. I am open to all things fairly legal and will record for youtube. Feel free to comment as to what you want to see and I will try and make it happen if it is awesome enough.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yeah, I usually just clocked mine to 800mhz. That seemed to be best all around. Mine still works.

As for the blender, considering the metal construction and gorilla glass, I think you would kill your blender before the droid, lol. Maybe just do it like the Facebook parenting for the troubled teen. Quick and simple. Bang bang bang. Done. hehe

gjposner

Reaction score
Gun is too easy.. I want to draw it out longer and make it suffer.. (I am not crazy, I swear!) lol

Kobe24

Reaction score
gjposner;[URL="tel:2266151" said:
2266151[/URL]]Gun is too easy.. I want to draw it out longer and make it suffer.. (I am not crazy, I swear!) lol

LOL! I want to see the video, whenever you do destroy the phone.:)

gjposner

Reaction score
the time has come all.. I have chosen a way to kill the dead droid, but its not entirely dead (ill explain further down) I will be using a Microwave Oven Transformer (MOT) DC rectified to an RMS voltage of 3038 at around 1.2 amps to destroy what is dead on the phone, but this is where it gets good..

I replaced the dead droid with a second hand one from CL and this past tuesday the digitizer took a crap on itself.. In an attempt to replace the digitizer from my first droid to the second i accidentally broke the microphone, vibrator, and speakerphone ribbon cable and was ultimately unable to replace the digitizer. Upon putting the now mute phone back together to use what was left of it until I replaced it, I said, what the hell, lets try the old motherboard, and son of a gun it worked.. so I put the new motherboard in the old phone, nothing.. there must be another daughter board in the phone itself that died.. who knows..

I WILL be killing the old and dead droid though, just wondering if anyone may want the motherboard or think it may be more cool to see it fry? I will not be throwing it away after as well as I did have people ask about throwing it out and such, not here to contribute to e-waste, gonna make a plaque with it to remind newer droid phones what happens when they decide to not work :) So I will let you all decide, I know the motherboard worked last I tried but couldn't guarantee it after shipping (even though I would put it in an antistatic bag and such). If someone does decide to buy it I would be happy to refund your purchase price if it arrives dead, but I figured I would offer it here before I kill it lol.

PM me and such or tell me here if I should just kill it, yes I will film it. Going to most likely use a gopro hero 2 as a head cam and a jvc camcorder (from woot at some point) as a close up cam unless you all have a better idea, maybe gopro as a close up cam and the JVC as a wider angle, I dont know, you all choose, I kill.. :)

gjposner

Reaction score
time to kill it

the time has come all.. I have chosen a way to kill the dead droid, but its not entirely dead (ill explain further down) I will be using a Microwave Oven Transformer (MOT) DC rectified to an RMS voltage of 3038 at around 1.2 amps to destroy what is dead on the phone, but this is where it gets good..

I replaced the dead droid with a second hand one from CL and this past tuesday the digitizer took a crap on itself.. In an attempt to replace the digitizer from my first droid to the second i accidentally broke the microphone, vibrator, and speakerphone ribbon cable and was ultimately unable to replace the digitizer. Upon putting the now mute phone back together to use what was left of it until I replaced it, I said, what the hell, lets try the old motherboard, and son of a gun it worked.. so I put the new motherboard in the old phone, nothing.. there must be another daughter board in the phone itself that died.. who knows..

I WILL be killing the old and dead droid though, just wondering if anyone may want the motherboard or think it may be more cool to see it fry? I will not be throwing it away after as well as I did have people ask about throwing it out and such, not here to contribute to e-waste, gonna make a plaque with it to remind newer droid phones what happens when they decide to not work :) So I will let you all decide, I know the motherboard worked last I tried but couldn't guarantee it after shipping (even though I would put it in an antistatic bag and such). If someone does decide to buy it I would be happy to refund your purchase price if it arrives dead, but I figured I would offer it here before I kill it lol.

PM me and such or tell me here if I should just kill it, yes I will film it. Going to most likely use a gopro hero 2 as a head cam and a jvc camcorder (from woot at some point) as a close up cam unless you all have a better idea, maybe gopro as a close up cam and the JVC as a wider angle, I dont know, you all choose, I kill.. :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
You kil, you film, we watch. happy, happy :dancedroid::icon_ lala::hail::D

BlueC5Kitten

Reaction score
Hmmm...I'm noobish with regard to rooting the phone; however, have done that fun stuff with a tablet, so the phone (A855) is OEM at this point, and had it for almost 3 years. Earlier today, I received the "Low on Space" message, so was going to go into Applications and delete some data, and then into USB to transfer some photos or music off or to the SD card...started getting error messages regarding the calendar and force closed both times. The phone rebooted itself, which has happened a few times before, with no negative or other untoward effects...well this time, it had the M logo, then the "Droid" logo...off to the red eye and that's when it locks and goes back to the "Droid" logo. It was like a continuous reboot loop (let it run through this cycle about 40 times in the dock and about 20 times out of the dock), either in the charger dock or out. I tried pulling the battery for a couple minutes to a couple hours and the result is the same with each plug in/power up. Should I ditch the phone and get the new-every-two deal or do you have any recommendations to rescue my phone? :frown:

BlueC5Kitten

Reaction score
Thanks, WillisD...was hoping to avoid losing anything not yet saved if that was an option prior to flashing it...but will definitely keep that as a back-up option! Well, Flashed it...working okay now...even saved my wallpaper!

T

tiffanyel

glad to hear that it worked. can you share more information as how you make it work so that others can benefit.