Bricked droid1

espazz

Reaction score
I have searched all over the internet and find all of these forums that talk about using rsd light. Well, all the links to downloading rsd light are outdated or gone or corrupted. I have used rsd light in the past. Phone was rooted for 2 years. Somehow now it only shows the M logo. when i hook to usb it says

bootloader
2c.7c

Batter yok
ok to program
transfer mode:
USB.

I have no backups. I need instructions on how to fix this so i can use it. This devise is no longer on a cell warranty nor does it get 3g service. Its a backup phone and a mp3 player.

Please help

vey

Reaction score
Try this one:
RSD Lite 5.0.rar - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

But you will need a rom. Try Peter Alfonso's site.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Before you get all that happy, try pulling the battery for about a minute or two. Then power it back up and see if it will boot into the OS instead of the bootloader.

Otherwise I have everything you need in my sig.

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
Yeah I was reading this and it is pretty much impossible to brick the OG. as long as you can get the 'M' logo and the bootloader you can usually save the phone. I would also recommend taking the battery out for a time and then dropping it back in. If that doesn't work you can get through everything using the bootloader. There are some good tutorials on this site and others. Best of luck

TheChosen28

Reaction score
Little more info please

Yeah I was reading this and it is pretty much impossible to brick the OG. as long as you can get the 'M' logo and the bootloader you can usually save the phone. I would also recommend taking the battery out for a time and then dropping it back in. If that doesn't work you can get through everything using the bootloader. There are some good tutorials on this site and others. Best of luck

Could you maybe suggest a search keyword or even put up a link?
I am in a similar situation as OP.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Have you tried the steps listed in this thread? See post #3. The OP hasn't been back, we can only assume it's fixed.

good luck

OP
E

espazz

Reaction score
Help

I am unable to get to bootloader. (power and Down on the Dpad.)

I can get clockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1 to show but i have no backups. I found a file that was supposed to be the original droid file. It said to rename to update .zip. Well i have tried that and it errors every time saying error sdcard ....... (status 7)

How to i start from scratch? Droid only shows M logo ....... I have to get this to work today as my droid 3 has just died.... they are sending one in the mail.... so I have to get this to work today. Please help

OP
E

espazz

Reaction score
Where can i find another ROM to try to flash that might get passed status 7?

vey

Reaction score
Peter Alfonso's website has some. For Droid OG. look for Sholes in the download section.

Or you can PM me and I will send you one.

gjposner

Reaction score
Bricked almost for sure, please help!

Nothing out of the usual was going on, then the damn thing froze up, removed battery, booted up, again froze, repeated battery removal, blank screen. The only way to even see if the phone is on is the dim backlight that comes on when you hit the power button. It was rooted, not sure with what because my brother did it, months ago though, no issues until now. Tried the dpad thing mentioned above and nothing happened, any idea? I should have a back up of the rom on my SD card, not sure where to find it though.. Had the battery out for times varying between 2 minutes and 2 hours, nothing has helped. Cannot access bootloader or anything, just a black, dimly lit screen.

Any help greatly appreciated!

gjposner

Reaction score
I have obtained a backup of my rom from my SD card, the phone still wont work, the only way I can get it to react is to plug it into the wall charger, turn on power and d-pad up and it causes it to flash until I let go of the button. My rom was simply stunning 6.1 or at least that is what it was labeled.. It is a clockwork mod. Even tried booting without SD card installed, and it still does the same thing, so at least the issue is probably not on the SD card.. Please help if you can..

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Does the phone charge while plugged into the wall charger? And it doesn't power on while doing so? By freeze, do you mean it became unresponsive? And now the screen won't even come on?

gjposner

Reaction score
Does the phone charge while plugged into the wall charger? And it doesn't power on while doing so? By freeze, do you mean it became unresponsive? And now the screen won't even come on?

The white indicator light does not come on when it is plugged in, but the phone does know it is getting 5v DC though as it will auto power-on like it would if it was working properly, however it never gets past the backlight on the phone, no Motorola logo or anything. Because the white light never stayed lit when plugging it in during my tests, I guessed it cant be charged that way and did not bother trying. Using another D1 showed my battery to be at 80% or so. When I experienced the freeze, yes it was a complete lock-up unresponsive, even to hitting and holding the power button. The only way to see the phone is responsive is when you hit the power button the screen powers on, like the backlight, nothing else happens, left it on for a few hours and still no change, thinking it might have just been testy, but no, its being a bit of a ***** right now.. Even tried removing the SD card to see if Murphy was going to be an issue, but it still had the same issues, refuses to boot into hot-loader or recovery mode and is not recognized by a computer. Thoughts?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, my thoughts are not good. You said your brother rooted it and installed the rom it was running. All I can think is that he set the max CPU frequency high and now the phone has gone tits up. Even if he didn't set the max frequency high, I still fear that your phone has hit the end of it's road.

I wish I had better news, but everything you say gives me this impression. It is not 'bricked' per se (as in a software problem), but the hardware has failed and it is probably unrecoverable.