Bricked Droid ? =[

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
so im in rom manager and when i install from sd card it says cannot find in directory? but im able to install it from the recovery...oh and recovery randomly shuts down when i try scrolling down and boots up
the instructions are
Installation Notes:
-Wiping data & cache is MANDATORY
-After initial install, DO NOT touch your phone until it reboots itself

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah...

I'm going to suggest that you not install BB till you have some experience installing other ROMs, but the decision is up to you. And I'm REALLY going to suggest you NOT install from ROM Manager. And I'll go so far as to say SPRecovery might be safer and easier for you to use. But again, it's all up to you. :)

How do you want to proceed and what do you need help with?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok...hold up for a few. Looking at some other options.

First off. Check out Bugless Evolution V1.0 it works on a much newer version of Bugless Beast.

Also if you're having issues with recovery. Open ROM manager and flash alternate recovery, the clockwork back and forth a few times. Or stick with the alternate, sprecovery. Its more stable just less features, which may be good as its a lot less complicated.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
yeah ive been looking for the Bugless Evolution V1.0 but cant find a site to dl so ill try different roms

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
allright so i tried a bunch of different roms i keep getting the exclamation...then at times it couldn't find my sd card so i tried the spsrecovery renamed the file to update and it can't even detect it....i also went to rom mananger and tried downloading a rom from there and brings me to an exclamtion mark...

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
yeah probably i am doing it all wrong so basically my steps are
flash alternate recovery
manually turn off the power pressing x
file is aborted...when im trying to allow the update and install it

i mean really do i have to wipe and reset the factory because im tired of reinstalling these apps over and over again

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
wow...basically i had the theme and the rom and the droid couldn't detect the rom because their were 2 ZIP FILES!!! now the rom works WOOT so now im guessing i delete the rom and install the theme thank you everybdancedroiddy...will continue this tomorrow

bitmp44

Reaction score
Im Still having problems

I've read all your posts and the other thread you linked to. I did exactly what it said and i did recieve a pass. I after this is finished is that the last thing i have to do? I tried to install a update.zip that said it was rooting your phone... Didn't seem to work. My phone is acting like it doesnt have a battery and it keeps system closing. save me please. i have to do this before school tmrw or ill die. thanks. your amazing.