Bricked Droid X?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by freefly716, Dec 16, 2010.

1. freefly716

freefly716 New Member

Hey all.
    I was using my droid x (i rooted it about 10 minutes before the 'brick' and i flashed a rom for the r2d2 lock screen) and when it rebooted after the rom (metamorph's r2d2 lock screen), the phone didnt boot up. Meaning, it got to the "M", and then it starting forming the word DROID, and it got there in the end, then the phone just went blank. The backlight is on and everything, just the screen is dark. When I plugged it into the laptop, the LED flashed green like it usually does, just the same thing happened. I pulled the battery a few...btw, when i was using it, my phone was plugged in with about 25% battery left.

I made a backup (i think, first time ever root), and saved it on the SD card and online...I used mybackup Pro. idk if that helps...
    I also have 2 SD cards, one blank (i just tried using the blank one, no difference) and one with everything on it (the backup, contacts, etc, basically the one i was using before).

I have insurance on my phone.

Can anyone tell me if I bricked? or just "Bricked", meaning some other issue. And also, can i still use my insurance and file a claim for a new one? (withthe 79.99 restock charge, or however much it is).

EDIT: I CAN BOOT INTO RECOVERY

does this mean i'm as screwed as i thought? i still think so, but i thought that "bricked", the point of no return, where nothing can save you, is when you cant get past the M and nothing at all happens
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

I can't be of much help right now, but im sure somebody will come along who can be.

Meanwhile to get you pointed in the right direction, theirs a tutorial floating around here somewhere to flash your phone with an sbf. Just be sure you use the sbf that goes with the version you're running.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App