Bricked droid x, please help.

Ntnme2lose

Reaction score
Here's the deal...I bricked my phone about a month ago and never got around to coming here and seeing if anyone knew what I could do to make it work again.

Background: I flashed my OTA gingerbread droid x back to Froyo, rooted Froyo then downloaded the two part gingerbread file and loaded it onto the phone. Worked like a charm. Then i started changing things(boot logo/animation, root apps blah blah blah) and all of that worked perfectly too.

I decided to download a Rom(Liberty) and a them for it. Everything loaded perfectly but I had to restart my phone for something and since then its all gone downhill. At first it would just get stuck on the boot animation. Then it wouldn't get passed the boot logo. And now it won't do anything at all really. The phone won't do anything at all when not plugged into the charger and when it is, the yellow Liberty logo pops up and I can't do anything from there.

I did a little research before making this thread an all of the solutions to this problem involve the "Press home, camera, volume down to get into boot loader" step in order to SBF the phone back to factory. Unfortunately for me, the phone will NOT go into boot loader mode. While its plugged in, it doesn't seem to be charging or anything either as it won't do a damn thing without the charger being connected.

Is there anything else I can do to get the phone working again? Like I said...I CANNOT get the phone into bootloader mode. Nor will the phone show up when connected to my PC. There is a great LED light that comes on when connected to my PC but thats it.

Any help would be appreciated.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am by no means a rescue squad person, in fact I havent had my droid x that long. But when I was trying to get to bootloader I couldnt either using the suggested power/camera/volume down. I finally came across someone who had that problem and in the thread someone suggested to try power/camera/volume up+down, that worked for me.

OP
N

Ntnme2lose

Reaction score
Tried that and it didn't work either. Thanks for the response though.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry that didnt work for you.

Is it possible your battery is real low or dead even? I know when mine is dead and I plug it into the pc I get the green light as well and nothing seems to happen, the phone wont turn on or anything. Now when I plug it into the wall charger in the same situation the phone will power onto a charging screen, I assume this is due to the wall charger throwing more voltage then the pc does.

Aside from that I dont have any other suggestions, I hope you get it figured out though. Perhaps try out the rescue squad.

OP
N

Ntnme2lose

Reaction score
Yea thats what I ended up doing and thats what they said too. My battery is dead for sure(I haven't touched the thing in over a week) so I need to charge the battery in another droid x and then i should be able to plug it into the phone and get it in to bootloader.

Apparently with Liberty, the phone won't charge unless its booted up. So now that its dead, it won't charge at all. So I do it in another droid x, plug it back into my phone and then i should be able to get into the bootloader and SBF it from my pc. Hope this works tomorrow after i charge it for a while in another droid x.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well I hope it works out for you. Good luck!!

FernBch

Reaction score
I get into bootloader by pressing volume up and down at the same time.along with the power button. After a few seconds the M logo will flash on and off, then release everything and viola!! Bootloader.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!