Reaction score
Hey there,
I got this Droid, seems different than other's, but anyway here's the info,

Model: p3a_sholes_cdma
Firmware: sholes_cdma_ap_p3_21.0e.11i_24.06
baseband: c-01.25.03p
kernel vr: unavailable
internal vr: eng.jsuttles.2009.1217.144820

I pressed X+Power, it skipped recovery mode and went ahead boot the system normally. With "up" on the dpad there's no bootland but backlight, however the device can be discovered under RSD.
So I then flashed VZW_A855_ESD56_noRADIO.sbf, aka the official 2.01 firmware using RSD light 4.6 (w/o radio), and I can't even get it start up - there's just backlight when I turned it on.
Then I flashed the VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf, in the process of flashing the ROM, the device displayed "sw update complete", which indicated to me there's nothing wrong w/the connection, but the problems are still there.

Any thought what I can do to fix it?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
I got this Droid, seems different than other's, but anyway here's the info,

Model: p3a_sholes_cdma
Firmware: sholes_cdma_ap_p3_21.0e.11i_24.06
baseband: c-01.25.03p
kernel vr: unavailable
internal vr: eng.jsuttles.2009.1217.144820

I pressed X+Power, it skipped recovery mode and went ahead boot the system normally. With "up" on the dpad there's no bootland but backlight, however the device can be discovered under RSD.
So I then flashed VZW_A855_ESD56_noRADIO.sbf, aka the official 2.01 firmware using RSD light 4.6 (w/o radio), and I can't even get it start up - there's just backlight when I turned it on.
Then I flashed the VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf, in the process of flashing the ROM, the device displayed "sw update complete", which indicated to me there's nothing wrong w/the connection, but the problems are still there.

Any thought what I can do to fix it?

Does it have the Verizon name and logo on it? If not, it might be a milestone. This isn't the exact same as the Droid. I couldn't tell you what it would be if it was a Droid though.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
That phone info looks very suspect. None of it is known Droid info. The baseband is different from the 2 we have and having sholes cdma listed as the model makes it seem like an old developement phone. Where did this come from?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

m9cdma

Reaction score
It's has Verizon name logo.
I'm buy it from personal selling.

hookerdj

Reaction score
yeah make surer you hold x and the power button for like at least a minute to be sure

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
m9cdma: You will never get that droid to work. I think you should just send it to me, as you will never get it activated as a droid phone on verizon. 'cough, cough' where did you get it? I'll bet you cannot really tell? If the rest of you (except jstafford) do not recognize what he has, he surely ought to send it to someone like me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with jstaffod on this one... where did you get this thing exactly? Google any of those specs and you get some interesting results... :icon_eek:

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up, but what exactly is this? My curiosity is peaked and I can't find any information by using Google.:unsure:

borgey401

Reaction score
yeah you will never get that phone to work in america lol. how the hell did you get your hands on this? basically it's a droid from either China or Japan or somewhere like that from what i gather from all this info

g8gt2012

Reaction score
yeah you will never get that phone to work in america lol. how the hell did you get your hands on this? basically it's a droid from either China or Japan or somewhere like that from what i gather from all this info

Oh, That would explain why when I searched Google everything was in symbols and the only English site was this one.:icon_eek:

nsgstudent

Reaction score
uh huh...

Don't let these guys pull ur chain. Technology that is current in Japan is future in America. They know what you have, they just want you to think it is no good. They might even say, oh, we have this old model lying around that we don't use anymore, be willing to trade it out of the goodness of our heart. Then when this hits big in America you'll be kicking urself for trading.

I think it is too new to know how to root exactly, at this point though.

The file you used to return it to 2.0.1 version might not be compatible with it either.

You may need to find someone with enough technical skill to help you out. They may need to get it in their hands to figure it out. Just a guess though.

Last edited:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Don't let these guys pull ur chain. Technology that is current in Japan is future in America. They know what you have, they just want you to think it is no good. They might even say, oh, we have this old model lying around that we don't use anymore, be willing to trade it out of the goodness of our heart. Then when this hits big in America you'll be kicking urself for trading.

Um were not scamming him. Its just people ideas that the phone will probably not work in America

nsgstudent

Reaction score
Um were not scamming him. Its just people ideas that the phone will probably not work in America

Joeybarclay; yes, I totally buy that where you & everyone else (with the exception of two posters) are concerned... however, I probably would not buy this from jstafford & I definitely would not buy this from teddyearp ;-)

teddyearp said:
m9cdma: You will never get that droid to work. I think you should just send it to me, as you will never get it activated as a droid phone on verizon. 'cough, cough' where did you get it? I'll bet you cannot really tell? If the rest of you (except jstafford) do not recognize what he has, he surely ought to send it to someone like me.

If you can't tell the tone of voice teddyearp is using, I'll just let you know, he is saying, "send that (awesome) thing to me, I'll take it off your hands and you won't have to worry about it any more, I'll get it working and have an awesome phone. ;-) "

Hence his statement, "If the rest of you do not recognize what he has, he surely ought to send it to someone like me. ;-)"

Last edited: