Bricked Droid A855

RobertL

Reaction score
I literally just bought the phone and this is my 3rd Droid. I used Z4Root before on my other A855 and it was fine, but this time it didn't work. I had it at 70% charged and it seemed just fine for a while. Then it just stopped working. It boot looped for a few hours then the "M" logo was that appeared. I tried to factory reset and all but to no avail.

Bootloader will not even come up now nor the Moto logo. I think I'm screwed. Is there any hope for my poor little Droid? I'm sorta desperate now. Also, I tried multiple batteries and chargers. And the USB charge light comes on but nothing else. I'm sure it's bricked

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Running Z4 wouldn't brick your phone. The D1 is *practically* unbrickable. My advice at this point is to take the phone off the charger, remove the battery, and then let it sit for 15 minutes or so. Then put the battery back in and put it back on the charger while holding up on the d pad. If it gets you to the boot loader, then you can SBF

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
RobertL

RobertL

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that as well. I'm not sure what the issue is really. I charged it overnight, left the battery out for hours and even swapped batteries. Never had this issue before. I though the A855 was unbrickable as well but it's got all the symptoms of a brick phone. I really hope it isn't though.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, there is the possiblity that it was completely coincidental, and the hardware simply died. It does happen with any electronic device, and can make you think it was something you did, when in fact it wasn't.

OP
RobertL

RobertL

Reaction score
Thanks man, that really makes me feel a ton better. My wife is pissed at me for buying 3 phones in 8 months