bricked D2G

enochqueen

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and unfortunately it's a big problem that brought me here :sad:

I have a D2G and tried to sbf back to Froyo so I could install Cynogenmod 7 (as far as I know 9 doesn't have GSM support, which I need).

I have successfully flashed before with RSDlite 4.9, but this time I tried the EZflash. The program ran successfully, but then on my phone was the Bootloader Do.11, Error Service Req'd

I then tried to flash two of the stock SBFs with RSDlite and got the same error message. :-(

It seems that a short of some sort occurred? Is my phone truly bricked?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

(also, sorry if this is the wrong forum!!)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
in future, if you reply to a thread, you may get helped faster

maybe bricked
what versions did you flash
did you pull battery before flashing

it went straight to bootloader after ezSBF, or never rebooted

OP
E

enochqueen

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!

I flashed the ezSBF, version 2.4.33.iso, as I didn't have access to a Windows PC at the time. The program ran with no errors and said it was complete, but the error message showed up after rebooting. Bootloader Do.11, a list of errors, and Mem_Map blank.

I then flashed the stock 4.5.608 sbf with RSD lite on a Windows computer, which has worked before, and the program ran successfully but the error message came up after rebooting. I then flashed the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf, which also ran fine through RSD lite, but the same issue occurred.

I'm thinking that somehow the first flash damaged the bootloader? Ie. The few others who have gotten this error message (and posted about it) had dropped their phones in water! But I'm not sure...not optimistic tho, and of course I am (only) 2 months past warranty. :icon_frown:

I did take the battery out before flashing and the phone did go through the sbf process: in progress, complete, then started reboot to the bootloader. Never saw a red M since the first flash.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I've only used 4.5.608 ezSBF
it worked fine
Did you verify md5?
May have been bad file

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
E

enochqueen

Reaction score
I did verify the file. I was really surprised that it failed as none of the users reported having comments with it on the thread.

I suppose it is really gone, then. What a good GSM phone--I might actually just replace it rather than buy a new model as I loved having a keyboard.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
lots of d2 Globals on ebay,
even sell your broke one, as a for parts, someone will buy it

can keep trying to SBF,

OP
E

enochqueen

Reaction score
Thanks for the support :smile: My theory atm is that it short-circuited, because the few other instances of this error seemed to be linked to electrical failures. But I am hardly an expert...I

Yeah, I do want another d2g!! Can't beat a GSM phone with a keyboard. Unfortunately I live overseas and am not buying the Milestone or its variations. Locked bootloader=not fun. I got the d2g in the states for cheap, and any US replacement would also be cheap, but the question is how to get it over here..:unsure:

Cdeath

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I have been reading a lot of posts that claim the new gingerbread update blocks the use of sbfing to older versions of the android opperating system. It also is not rootable. So it may be possible that you updated and tried to revert back to an older version (froyo) and that bricked your phone. Your phone currently is bricked, but if an sbf is released for gingerbread (hopefully soon) your phone can be saved!! So, I wouldn'r chuck the old one out just yet because your luck could change in the next few months. Also hopefulyy this will help someone out.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
So it may be possible that you updated and tried to revert back to an older version (froyo) and that bricked your phone.
could be, update started to roll out, 1st of march or so
if that's the case phone should be fine, if/when sbf is leaked

tgambitg

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!

I flashed the ezSBF, version 2.4.33.iso, as I didn't have access to a Windows PC at the time. The program ran with no errors and said it was complete, but the error message showed up after rebooting. Bootloader Do.11, a list of errors, and Mem_Map blank.

I then flashed the stock 4.5.608 sbf with RSD lite on a Windows computer, which has worked before, and the program ran successfully but the error message came up after rebooting. I then flashed the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf, which also ran fine through RSD lite, but the same issue occurred.

I'm thinking that somehow the first flash damaged the bootloader? Ie. The few others who have gotten this error message (and posted about it) had dropped their phones in water! But I'm not sure...not optimistic tho, and of course I am (only) 2 months past warranty. :icon_frown:

I did take the battery out before flashing and the phone did go through the sbf process: in progress, complete, then started reboot to the bootloader. Never saw a red M since the first flash.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

The MEM_MAP BLANK error is from the update blocking SBFing to a previous version. You had the OTA update, as other posters have mentioned, you have a paperweight for now.

fulvi0

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and unfortunately it's a big problem that brought me here :sad:

I have a D2G and tried to sbf back to Froyo so I could install Cynogenmod 7 (as far as I know 9 doesn't have GSM support, which I need).

I have successfully flashed before with RSDlite 4.9, but this time I tried the EZflash. The program ran successfully, but then on my phone was the Bootloader Do.11, Error Service Req'd

I then tried to flash two of the stock SBFs with RSDlite and got the same error message. :-(

It seems that a short of some sort occurred? Is my phone truly bricked?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

(also, sorry if this is the wrong forum!!)

i have kind of the same problem but i got a error that say, err:A5,70,70,00,1f. the version i have on my phone is 4.5.629, how can i solve this problem thank you

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
can't till sbf is released

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums