Bricked and now won't even get into bootloader...

CHP

Reaction score
Hi. Well it seems that I have bricked my precious phone and now it will not even get into the bootloader. It shows the "m" logo but whenever i plug it in to my wall charger but when i plug it into my computer it shows a blank screen with the green LED on and nothing else. I've done multiple battery pulls and STILL can't get it to work. Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
What did you do prior to this? Are you CERTAIN it's not a dead battery? I killed the battery on my D1 during a flash once, and it did the same thing you describe until I left it alone on the charger for a while. Then it suddenly booted up fine.

tatuud

Reaction score
Hi. Well it seems that I have bricked my precious phone and now it will not even get into the bootloader. It shows the "m" logo but whenever i plug it in to my wall charger but when i plug it into my computer it shows a blank screen with the green LED on and nothing else. I've done multiple battery pulls and STILL can't get it to work. Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated.

you can manually get to the bootloader by holding the volume down key, the camera button and the power button at the same time. From there you can apply the sbf file. i just ran into this same issue 2 nights ago and this is what worked for me. if you don't want to sbf, you can always boot into factory recovery by holding the home button and the power button, then when you see the screen come on release the home button on hit the search button and try a factory reset.

NattyBee

Reaction score

you can manually get to the bootloader by holding the volume down key, the camera button and the power button at the same time. From there you can apply the sbf file. i just ran into this same issue 2 nights ago and this is what worked for me. if you don't want to sbf, you can always boot into factory recovery by holding the home button and the power button, then when you see the screen come on release the home button on hit the search button and try a factory reset.

what if we CAN get to bootloader manually but RSD Lite still doesn't see the phone? and also, even when I manually boot into factory recovery and do a factory reset...it still boots up with the same rom...I am completely unable to get past this...

Barkleyfan

Reaction score

what if we CAN get to bootloader manually but RSD Lite still doesn't see the phone? and also, even when I manually boot into factory recovery and do a factory reset...it still boots up with the same rom...I am completely unable to get past this...

Factory reset won't change the rom. You have to restore a backup instead. Or else flash a new rom from downloads if you can get into Clockwork.

Assocracer

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. My phone boots to the DROID graphic and just keeps cycling at that point and won't go any farther. I have tried a factory reset and an update.zip fix and nothing seems to work. How do you get to clockwork? I did a system backup before i played around but have no clue how to get to it without getting into the OS.