Bricked after recent forced update (Verizon)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by Aversion, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Aversion

Aversion New Member

Hi, I recently updated my rooted Galaxy S3 (I535) and have been experiencing many problems. So I decided to try a factory reset / wipe data to see if it would help, it didn't - If anything is made it worse. Every time that I try to turn my phone on now it gets stuck after ''Samsung Galaxy S3'' logo appears, the screen turns black and it doesn't do anything.

I have tried using ODIN and following the guide that a user linked in this topic; http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-s3-roms/226786-how-get-back-stock.html but it doesn't seem to help. ODIN even says 'passed' and all that.

Can someone help me? I really can't afford to buy a new phone.

I apologize in advance if this has been posted already but all the guides I have tried don't seem to help.
  2. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

[GUIDE] Jelly Bean Factory Image (Root/Recovery/Unlocked Bootloader) *UPDATED 12/12* - xda-developers try this it will get you on the last jelly bean leak that came out right before the ota update. i have used it many times. also there are files for both custom recoveries and the option to root and unlock if you are interested.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  3. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

Also, after running Odin and your device reboots and it doesn't fully boot you may want to go in stick recovery and data and cache wipe. I have had to do that before.
  4. Aversion

Aversion New Member

Thank you it seems to have worked! The phone updated like 3 to 4 times and I no longer have root or any problems (as of yet)

I do have another concern tho, totally unreleated to this post.

I have stuck black pixels on my phone, when I look at a black screen with lighted background I can see lines, and spots all over. This doesn't happen with any other colors. Any idea how I can fix this? - Verizon refuses to replace the phone because it's a ''known issue''..
  5. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

No problem, glad you got it fixed. Yeah I've read something about that issue here and there and its most likely a hardware issue, probably replacing the screen is the only fix.
  6. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer Developer

Well you need to talk to a different REP at VZW... IF they are telling you that they won't fix or replace it because it is a known issue that is BS... That is usually the easiest way to get them to replace the unit is when it is a known issue.... Seems as of lately VZW is getting harder and harder to get to replace phones under warranty... I have insurance on mine and it took over a month of calls and arguing to finally get them to replace mine.. (I will say my issue was NOT common and VZW was convinced that it was something I had done... Finally got ahold of the right person who took care of me fully. Even got a nice apology letter after they received my defective phone stating that the issue and damage was NOT related to anything I had done...)
  7. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

yes this too.
  8. Aversion

Aversion New Member

Ya I believe you are right. Another rep tells me they will give me a refurbished phone.. I really don't want to do that since this phone is only 2 months old. I went through refurbs before with my Droid Global and that was not fun.

Seems Samsung will ''fix it'' for free.. Guess I might do that.
Search tags for this page
bricked galaxy s3 verizon 2013

galaxy s3 bricked after update

galaxy s4 stuck at verizon logo
help with recent samsung s4 update frozen verizon screen
how to get verizon to replace bricked gs3
my galaxy s3 bricked will verizon fix it?

recent verizon update screen blank

rooted galaxy s3 black screen
s4 stuck on verizon screen
samsung bricked phone black
samsung galaxy s4 stuck on verizon screen

samsung root verizon forced update

verizon galaxy s3 black screen

verizon galaxy s3 root black screen

verizon samsung galaxy s3 bricked after update