1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bricked after installing 2.2

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by Webst3r, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Webst3r

Webst3r New Member

Ok, so.

My phone is basically bricked right now. I installed 2.2, and it worked fine. BUT for some reason it wouldn't recognize my battery, and I was kinda low when I got it all working. So because it won't recognize my phones battery, I can't charge it to flash a new kernel. I can get the phone to come on every now and then, but it cuts off in under a minute. Any suggestions? I've tried the wall outlet, I've tried battery pulls, and plugging it into something and waiting a while for it to charge. But I still have no luck. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this issue?
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

First of all, your phone is not bricked. You have a battery issue. Plug it into the charger overnight. If still isn't charged in the morning, take it to a VZW store and get a replacement battery.
  3. Webst3r

Webst3r New Member

Sorry. If I or you can rename it, that would be cool. I'm just worried. I've talked to Verizon and they said all I had to do was send it in. But do you think a new battery would fix it? For some reason they won't give me a new phone in store. I had this issue before and it was the battery, but everyone at Verizon says it's not. But I guess I 'll give it a shot. It's been plugged in all day and no luck.

Again sorry about saying it was bricked, that's just how it seems. I'm just worried. :D