Bricked after installing 2.2

Webst3r

Reaction score
Ok, so.

My phone is basically bricked right now. I installed 2.2, and it worked fine. BUT for some reason it wouldn't recognize my battery, and I was kinda low when I got it all working. So because it won't recognize my phones battery, I can't charge it to flash a new kernel. I can get the phone to come on every now and then, but it cuts off in under a minute. Any suggestions? I've tried the wall outlet, I've tried battery pulls, and plugging it into something and waiting a while for it to charge. But I still have no luck. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, your phone is not bricked. You have a battery issue. Plug it into the charger overnight. If still isn't charged in the morning, take it to a VZW store and get a replacement battery.

OP
W

Webst3r

Reaction score
Sorry. If I or you can rename it, that would be cool. I'm just worried. I've talked to Verizon and they said all I had to do was send it in. But do you think a new battery would fix it? For some reason they won't give me a new phone in store. I had this issue before and it was the battery, but everyone at Verizon says it's not. But I guess I 'll give it a shot. It's been plugged in all day and no luck.

Again sorry about saying it was bricked, that's just how it seems. I'm just worried. :D