brick or just lost? please assist.

darkreve

Reaction score
well here is the deal.. I have a Droid X. I rooted with z4root but I wasnt sure what I was doing.. then I got lost with the bootstrap.. I don't think I backuped my stuff because I was never ever able to go back to factory settings.. I did the hold power and home thing and that didnt do much.. then the volume down + camera button and power.. that was even worst because that didnt do anything either..
by the way.. I thought I had installed the rubix rom but got stock on the rubix thing that shows the rubix cube just turning and turning.. .. so anyways.. I have downloaded VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01, com.koushikdutta.droidx.bootstrap-1.apk, maderstcok340.zip, MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe, rsdlite_4.8.msi or zip. and with all these items.. I am so freaking lost but anyways.. I used all of them and I still do not think my phone is back to normal.. today I was able to use it but battery life went down in like 4 hours.. all the apps seem to be working but I am sure something is wrong.. I really need step-by step help if at all possible.. by the way.. this is day number 5 of reading and reading and reading stuff about making my phone back to normal etc.. that I am tired.. I know there is a simple answer but cannot find it.. can you please pretty please shine some light my way.. thank you so much if u have the time to help. if not I understand

Reaction score
Well if u really believe something is wrong with ur done use the vzw sbf file that u have and rsd lite 4.9...a good way on step by step instructions is just youtube "how to go back to stock rom using rsd lite"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

darkreve

Reaction score
hmm did a search on how to go back to stock rom using rsd lite and didn't find anything.. I can get RSD lite 4.8 to run while VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01 is running but nothing really happens.. I get the rubix logo running and then it goes to regular droid home page.. but I just notice that some of the apps are not working right.. plus I text for a couple of minutes and battery lasted like 5 hours..
so I know something is totally wrong.. .. is it not rooted as far as I can tell.. but files don't seem right.. please assist.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
If u did an sbf and still getting the custom boot logo then reboot recovery and wipe data factory reset. I would sbf again for good measure. After sbf hold power and home when the ! Pops up hit search button and wipe data factory resent let it run and you should be good.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Cloud36426

Reaction score
There should be a written guide somewhere that I used with all the links.

Sent from my ADR6400L

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Look up the complete droid de flashing guide here on the forum. I'm on my phone so I can't provide it directly. Good luck.

Droid. The first Droid. The best Droid. My Droid. And boy do I hate stock.

OP
D

darkreve

Reaction score
ok so I connected to rsdlite 4.8 then per instructions I found the file vrz_mb810_2.3.34_1ff_01.sbf then it said that it was running then it said it was going to boot up.. so it did.. then when my phone came back up.. the rubix logo would just run for hours.. because I let it.. thinking it was working.. finally I pull the battery off.
then after I did that put the battery back on the phone and rebooted.. again got the rubix logo and let it be for 35 minutes thinking it was going to work.. it did not..
so then I pull the battery off again.. then I hold the home button down and power till I got the triangle.. so I did a restore.. that got me back to kind of normal.. but my battery still only last like 4 hours.. so obviously something still wrong..
any ideas?

OP
D

darkreve

Reaction score
why does rsdlite 4.8 say I have to boot manually and I still get the rubix logo ?

Cloud36426

Reaction score
Do not flash anything.g but 2.3.340. You will for sure brick. Did you wipe data factory reset?

Sent from my ADR6400L

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Um...

Wrong.

Use any appropriate sbf for the bootloader version you see when you put the phone in the bootloader to flash said sbf.

Droid. The first Droid. The best Droid. My Droid. And boy do I hate stock.

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
you still have rubix logo because you havent accessed stock recovery mode and done the final factory wipe. you ar in the bootloop that rsd warned about. you are NOT bricked, these things are almost impossible to brick. folks that are new to this tend to upset themselves, dont get worried...just do your homework, best of luck to ya :)
p.s., hold power and home key, when u see the excamation point, hit search, youll be in recovery, then factory reset
x

Last edited: