Brick - no nothing...

Naebue

Reaction score
Question for everyone... is it possible to brick your phone so bad it doesn't even turn on? I've got it plugged in and to my knowledge a full battery... I took the battery out, put it back in and still nothing... plugged in or not. I was in SPRecovery getting ready to upload a rom and it shut off on me. Any ideas?

~Nae

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hold up on the d-pad and THEN power on.. should take you to some menu. it's different than the X + power to get into recovery.. just try and see if you can get something that way

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
woops, forgot I was still in the rom section, lol! Thanks!

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
hold up on the d-pad and THEN power on.. should take you to some menu. it's different than the X + power to get into recovery.. just try and see if you can get something that way

Just tried that, and I believe that would take you into safe mode, but still nothing.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nae, moved you to rescue squad. hit me up on gtalk if you have it, address in in my sig

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
Thanks Sam, now I get to figure out how to use gtalk ;)

To me, it seems like the battery just died completely... I haven't had the phone long, since the beginning of the month I believe.

Also, just an FYI... I'm tethered to an att phone for internet purposes in an edge network... so it might take me a few to respond

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
plug it in without the battery and try to boot it up. i know some laptops won't boot if there is NO juice in the battery, even if it is plugged in, but will with power supply and no battery...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What Rom was you flashing.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its not bricked its just a dead battery. Plug it into the wall for a faster charge if you can.
If that does not work switch batteries with some one (or vzw) if it works your battery may have a bad cell. If that is the case replace the battery.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
charles, got it working.. not sure why though.. will update shortly

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once you charge your battery I normally recommend people to not flash a rom unless they have at least 50% battery life. It is hard to judge the life from the notification bar. Install a battery widget that displays percentage. The battery in the notification do not show yellow until you are at 30% and that is too low to flash a rom.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yup, dead battery. VERY dead. was trying to charge it for a few hours, must have had a bad connection. all is well now.

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
Thanks to Sam (yea, I'm giving you credit for it), it's working fine now.

I was trying to use SPRecovery to flash from bugless beast to something else. I have been trying all day to find a decent rom... not sure if they aren't installing correctly or what, but a few of them look the same.

Tried UD10, didn't work
HolyBlue, didn't work
Blended Bliss, didn't work

cyanogen (a week ago) and it was ok, didn't like the fonts and didn't/don't know how to change them
DroidMod, don't like it due to it using up battery pretty quick and running hot
jrummy was ok, don't remember what I didn't like about it
dominator -- it was plain, didn't notice anything different about it

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dang dude.. your droid was probably just going on strike. :shocked: