Brick? Need help badly.....

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wish I could help you becuz I'm sure you're very upset! All i can say is give it a little time...when everyone starts waking up, someone will be here to help you! It's all gonna be ok...don't worry!

Welcome to the forum!

OP
D

deli3684

Reaction score
Im not that upset i have been on this forum since i got my original droid a little over a year ago...wow almost a year since i crossed over to the droid...ive seen this forum help out a lot of people and i have faith someone will be able to help me.....thanks.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wow i just saw your join date! you're an old hat at this forum lol

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Hey this is kinda late, but I just did the same thing you did and f***ed up my phone too.

Make sure the Charging LED on teh front of the phone comes on when plugged in to your charger.

And if your phone vibrates once when you press power to turn the phone on, you probably arent bricked and are in my exact same situation.

Now the phone will vibrate once, to get it to vibrate again, you have to remove the battery, thus making the phone restart again.

But anyway, here's a link to the site I'm holding faith in: Just rooted and having problems with recovery. - Android Forums

That stupid video screwed us both, sadly. And this guy too.

Anywho, I am attempting the method of "blindly" updating back... I don't think it will work for me at least.. But worth a shot.

Of course by now you may have gotten a replacement, or fixed your phone. If you fixed it, please do tell!

jeanfreshbot

Reaction score
I tried blindly updating. It didn't work or better yet I didn't do it right.

The key is to wait for everything,probably wait atleast 3 mins. Inbetween each step to be safe. And to give it time to unzip,scan , update,or what not.

I called Verizon and they sent me a new phone the next day. :) using my new Incredible ,no help on these forums. I'm disappointed.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Ha, the key is luck! I waited like 5min. in between each "volume up" action.

Hell, myabe we are bricked.

But this story still has a happy ending, I'm getting a replacement tomorrow and you got a replacement, so everyone's happy!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I apologize that I missed this thread. I regrettably am not on this forum as often as I should be. I spend most of my time on our sister site Incredibleforums.com.

Your issue was fixable but it was to do it blindly as you were trying or running the RUU. Please on your new device if you have any other questions come on over to the other site. Their are many helpful and knowledgeable people there.