BRICK/M logo help?!?

ryyaaaannnnn

Reaction score
Okay, so before I step foot into a Verizon store I thought I'd see if I could get some help here on the forums...

...so yesterday I decided to finally root my Droid X and install a ROM. Well, I didn't care much for the ROM (did everything correctly to install it) so I decided for the time-being that I would go back to my nandroid backup image in my clockworkmod folder on my sdcard. So I went into ClockWork mode, cleared the data and cache, and went to backup & restore and began restoring my backup image...problem?...well yeah when my battery died in the middle of restoring. Boooooo! I was oblivious to my battery, but now when I power it on I get the M logo and that's it. I've done countless research since last night and tried many different things and my battery didn't have enough juice to help me bring it back to life. So I went out and bought a new battery today and with the juice that it has, I was able to do the whole bootloader and connect USB and use RSD Lite 4.9 and that's where I came to another hault. When I plug in my phone, Windows XP detects that I'm plugging in my phone but it's not showing up in RSD Lite. I've installed the Motorola drivers and tried again and again and now I'm just losing my patience. So my last bit of effort is to hear from anybody who can help me get my phone back to life without having to go to Verizon and hear what they have to say because obviously rooting is a no no.

Any bit of advice or other information would be much appreciated in advance. Thanks guys!

OP
ryyaaaannnnn

ryyaaaannnnn

Reaction score
I should also add that I did delete update.zip prior to me wanting to go back to my original setup, not knowing that update.zip was needed or what it actually was. I downloaded the maderstcok 2.3.340 and renamed it to update.zip and when I do the HOME + POWER combo and choose sdcard update.zip the signature fails and I guess doesn't recognize the file.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update.zips only work if they are signed by Motorola. Did you boot into the bootloader? Thats the only way RSDLite will see it. Hold volume down, camera, and power button to get into bootloader

doomer4life

Reaction score
I have issues plugging mine in all the time sometimes it works when I plug it in then turn on rsd other times vice versa and other times still I gotta just play around with it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

doomer4life

Reaction score
Just read everything again sounds like your booting into recovery not bootloader and if your doing bootloader than you need the sbf file

OP
ryyaaaannnnn

ryyaaaannnnn

Reaction score
Yes, I have been in bootloader. I have also been trying to flash all kinds of different SBFs because I can't seem to get one to work. Went by Verizon yesterday and they ordered me a new phone, which I'll then just root and reload my old image backup from my currently bricked phone. Any other suggestions are still appreciated for those who may have this same issue, or if it were to happen again in the future. (Hopefully not!)

Thanks guys!

doomer4life

Reaction score
To my knowledge there is only 1 full sbf that would work for your phone

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're on the 30.04 bootloader you can use the system only 2.3.340, full 2.3.320, or full 2.3.340. Try rsdlite 4.8 or 4.9 or use a different USB port or try booting into bootloader first then connect to pc and vice versa.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bricks can be a phone stuck in a bootloop and a factory reset wont fix it or if it boots directly into the bootloader.

OP
ryyaaaannnnn

ryyaaaannnnn

Reaction score
I did try those SBFs through bootloader & RSD 4.5-4.9 and couldnt get 4.9 to respond at all, so I tried the lower versions and had more luck but when it would go into flashing it would always kick back that it was trying to go into BP pass through mode then throw up an error that it couldn't.

That's when I called it quits.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you read through Maderschramm's SBF tutorial for other troubleshooting issues?