brick!!!help!!!!!

OP
Z

zyx19855

Reaction score
Mr 狼 我好像可以进入recovery 模式了,用了你提供得update.zip 显示下面得错误信息:
assert failed:file_getprop("/system/build.prop","ro.build.fingerprint")=="verizon/droid2we_vzw/cdma_droid2we/droid2we:2.2/S273/2.4.29:user/ota-rel-key.release-key"|| file_getprop("/system/build.prop","ro.build.fingerprint")=="verizon/droid2we_vzw/cdma_droid2we/droid2we:2.2/S273/2.4.29:user/ota-rel-key.release-key"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
你提供得zip文件是否是不支持的?

CellZealot

Reaction score
We are really trying hard to get a phone in our hands so we can test these files and get them out. If someone wanted to send us their phone for a few days we could take care of it very quickly. Buying a phone full retail is simply too expensive an option to consider for us right now.

Steffylicious

Reaction score
Just a quick (slightly off topic, but doesn't really need it's own thread) question: If I restore my phone with the sbf when it's leaked, will I need to network unlock my handset again? And if so, is there any way I can do it from outside the USA? I'm in Australia.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just a quick (slightly off topic, but doesn't really need it's own thread) question: If I restore my phone with the sbf when it's leaked, will I need to network unlock my handset again? And if so, is there any way I can do it from outside the USA? I'm in Australia.

If any had to be done before you could use it then yet. Otherwise no, as the SBF will restore the phone to out-of-the-box software.

Sbf seems to be on the way Twitter

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Yes... That is what CellZealot was saying when he posted four hours ago.

Steffylicious

Reaction score

If any had to be done before you could use it then yet. Otherwise no, as the SBF will restore the phone to out-of-the-box software.

I bought the phone off of eBay pre rooted and sim-unlocked. So I guess it should be fine then?

Now I just need to source an external charger and wait for the sbf to get tested.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Two things;

I don't know about the sim-unlocking as you may need to do that yourself. Howard Forums will probably be your friend for that. Rooting is a simple z4root away.

External charger might be tricky to come by, but if you have an old USB cable of any type kicking around you can skip that part by judicious use of a wirestripper.

Steffylicious

Reaction score
Two things;

I don't know about the sim-unlocking as you may need to do that yourself. Howard Forums will probably be your friend for that. Rooting is a simple z4root away.

External charger might be tricky to come by, but if you have an old USB cable of any type kicking around you can skip that part by judicious use of a wirestripper.

Alright, I'll check the Howard Forums.
I'm not too sure about stripping a USB cable though, I think I might end up killing myself, knowing my luck :p

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, you unplug it first. :)

With credit to csealpcr for posting it and whoever figured it out first!

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.