[Breaking] Twitter Post Teases Silly-Huge Huawei 8.5-Inch Android Smartphone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huwaei-85-inch-phone.jpg

Imagine using your Nexus 7 tablet as a phone, and then imagine it's bigger by about 1.5-inches. Can you wrap your head around that? Nope. Neither can we. In fact, this sounds like something from magical-crazy-land where humans are evolving into gigantic Prometheus-sized aberrations, and need McDonald's sized phones. However, if this Twitter pic is real, then Huawei must think we are living in that universe, or they want to take us there. Supposedly, the Twitter pic above is of an 8.5-inch Huawei Android super-phone.

We don't know anything about it other than what you see in the pic, but we appreciate the audacity of the device if it is real. We must ask though... Is there really a market out there for such a device? Please share your ravings in the thread.

Source: Twitter

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I doubt this is real, the way he is holding the "phone" just does'nt make any sense. Supporting something that big from the bottom with out grasping it with your thumb would be to unbalanced and fall top first.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt this is real, the way he is holding the "phone" just does'nt make any sense. Supporting something that big from the bottom with out grasping it with your thumb would be to unbalanced and fall top first.

I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I saw it. If it is real, perhaps it comes with a built-in handle on the back? LOL.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Can't be real. If it is, I doubt you will be able to hold it to your head like a normal handset but maybe be strictly bluetooth. Then you have your tablet with a cell radio built in and a bluetooth headset. That I can see happening. A lot of people carry their tablet everywhere.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yep, was going to post the same thing.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
That has a HUGE Bezzle, but I wouldn't be surprised if the the Galaxy Note IV was that size.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Might be a display with a stick-on holder? But no, I would never buy that monster. I don't think anyone would want to buy that.