[BREAKING] New Market coming soon!

ccpopham

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying it is better then the iphone market place. Well I bought a droid not an iphone. I was never going to by an iphone because of apples market practices.

The 15 minute refund policy is just plain robbery. If a developer spends weeks developing an app why should we only get 15 minutes to try it. I have gotten apps that had many features and 15 minutes is not enough time to try an app out like that. I guess I have about all the apps I need though so I can stop buying apps on the market. The 15 minute window is just to support the developers and the market's cash flow. The more apps that people buy and cannot refund the more the markt makes for Google. I think soem of the people who are for the 15 minute window may be developers who want to be able to spend an hour and through an app together and put it on the Market because they know some people will pay and download it and be unable to get a refund. This will only make crapware grow.

For customer service and not developer service, I think the qindow should be extended to a week because sometimes I will get two or more similar programs that are similar and compare them in side by side runs and keep the one I want.

If everyone who is against the 15 minute window will boycott and not by anything on market for 30 days or until the window is made 24 hours or longer again, this will hurt the markets cash flow and hoepfully will show them it was a foolish move to shorten the window on the peoplee who pay their paychecks.

If developers are for the 15 minute window it is because they are worried that their crapware will not be well received and ppl will wnat a refund. If a developer creates well made product that ppl will want and keep after purchase then the return window will not matter for them.

I was on BB before I got a droid and some of the developers for BB actually gave you a full 30 day trial of their software. Now the software was more expensie like one app for $30, but that allowed me to fully test the programa dn i ended up purchasing the full version. If this would start on the market than developers would create better products and users would not request refunds as much.

rlfitz

Reaction score
If most apps are infact returned within the first few minutes, what would the problem be with maintaining a decent level of customer service and letting it remain 24 hour return period? I have been very comfortable buying paid apps that I never heard of before just to try it out. because I knew that I had the option to return it if I decided I didnt like it within 24 hours. most of those apps I eneded up keeping. I wont be doing that anymore with a 15 minute window. And quite frankly the argument that itunes policy is worse is a stupid one. there is a very good reason why we all use the android platform. The greatest problem with itunes is apple itself.

xmguy

Reaction score
15 minutes is a joke. Most people need time to test an app.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

dan5jr

Reaction score
Well the 15 min refund policy seems to have been beaten to death but I just wanted to make a couple of points I didn't see really discussed

"Since most users who request a refund do so within minutes of purchase, we will reduce the refund window on Market to 15 minutes. This change will be largely transparent to buyers, but will help developers manage their businesses more effectively"

As for the first part, I think that statistic is somewhat of a BS excuse of why Google is deciding to implement this. IMO, apps refunded within minutes of purchase are most likely due to someone accidentally purchasing an app or downloading the wrong app and instantly realizing. To say this change is largely transparent to buyers couldn't be farther from the truth, I think the posts here sum up that sentiment fairly well. The android market has been largely acclaimed for its return policy and to try to change this based on what is a seemingly irrelevant statistic seems like an underhanded move that I would not expect from Google.

While I feel like an overwhelming negative response will likely cause them to reconsider; if they do not, they should allow developers to set their own refund policy with a 15 minute minimum (I think this was mentioned in a prior post). That will make it much easier to spot an honest developer with a quality app rather than someone who is trying to make a quick buck by scamming someone into buying their shotty app by taking advantage of this policy.

Well, I guess only time will tell how Google handles this reaction from the android community. Let's hope they still hold true to the values that got android where it is and are not starting to go the way of using its success to try to squeeze every last penny out of the users that support them.

Detonation

Reaction score
The new interface looks good but it would have been nice if they added some true functionality enhancements, such as being able to sort results by rating, downloads, etc or adding more search options.

FastKatt

Reaction score
The new interface looks good but it would have been nice if they added some true functionality enhancements, such as being able to sort results by rating, downloads, etc or adding more search options.
QFT!
Really, how hard would it be?