OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I too think the 15 minute return window is terrible. I understand most apps are returned within that time but not all. I don't think this is done to benefit the consumer at all, it's solely to encourage more developers all while alleviating the worry about returns, IMO. This isn't necessarily all bad as more dev's is what we want :)

It's not about the money from my point of view, I throw away a dollar or two on crap every day, whether it be a soda, a beer, etc. so the same amount on an app won't break the bank.

.... I am excited to see the new Market however :)
good points Martin. Your right. But there is a flipside to that coin. The developers will get poor ratings because people didn't know how to use the app.

They will rate it low because it didn't have this feature or that feature and it didn't do this or that when in fact it did have all those things they just didn't know it.

I can see it now "This app sucks! no timer on the screen time out!!" when in fact it does they just didn't find it. : )

I pass on apps all the time based on poor ratings.

cucucachu0000

Reaction score
thats a huge jump to 15 minutes. i dont see the advantage to anyone with this. its software it doesnt have to be restocked or anything that takes time or costs money to the devs. i loved the 24 hours refund on the market i tried tons of apps that i didnt think i would like but gave it a shot anyway and ended up keeping them. if anything i think devs should be able to set there refund policy to each app with a min of 15 min. they know how long it will take to decide on there app and if you have to make a choice between apps people will try the ones with the longer return policy first and if they like it they most likely will just go with that one. hopefully that would add incentive to opening up your policy and no excuses that google is making me keep your moeny from the devs.

that said its not that big of a deal for me cuz its just gonna stop me from when i get bored to just go through the market. and that will decrease the chance of them making sales from me anyway and hurting them not me. im not gonna be dumb and pay 3 bucks for an app im not sure that i want after the 15 min

FastKatt

Reaction score
12hrs seems to be a great middle ground...
I won't try any apps with a 15min window!
I will find "free versions" of apps to test...
I tested SetCPU for free, loved it, and got the paid ver. from the market...
I tested Beautiful Widgets for free, wasn't impressed, and stopped using it...

With a 15min window, you have time to install, reboot, run for 1-3min, write your "feedback" and try to uninstall for a refund...
So, all the 15min window will do is make it impossible to write negative feedback on apps you don't like. Since the only way you have time to write the feedback is to eat the cost of the app!

What I think this is going to do is push the alternative markets to improve.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give me 1 hour of "usage" time and I'll be clam happy.
I knew in that amount of time that Tasker, the most complex app I tried, was over wayyyyy my head thus useless to me. I knew in less than that that Office clone apps weren't worth the money to me.
Most apps I've paid for are refunded in under 15 minutes if they were Widgets or themes or I still have them now. Tasker,OfficeSuite, Power Amp,etc I needed longer to decide

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

Reaction score
If we don't allow the market to update, do we still get 24 hours to refund something?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If we don't allow the market to update, do we still get 24 hours to refund something?
Eventually it will update itself without notification - it happened to me the last time the Market updated and trying to go back to the previously themed version I had before yeilded negative results

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
<affectedby_15mins>NOT I - I only click "TOP FREE"</affectedby_15mins>

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i cant find the force close for the market in my running service settings to see if i can get the new market...how do i go about it...alls i see is google framework

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same here! Sad day indeed!!

Eventually it will update itself without notification - it happened to me the last time the Market updated and trying to go back to the previously themed version I had before yeilded negative results

DroidForums junkie!!