[BREAKING] New Market coming soon!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
market-home%2B%25282%2529.png

We just been tipped by one of our members about the new and improved Market. We think the new Market has win written all over it. From the Android Developers blog:

To streamline the browse-to-purchase experience, users can now access all the information about an application on a single page without the need to navigate across different tabs. We’re also introducing application content rating to provide users with more information about applications they are interested in. Since most users who request a refund do so within minutes of purchase, we will reduce the refund window on Market to 15 minutes. This change will be largely transparent to buyers, but will help developers manage their businesses more effectively

To make it easier for developers to distribute and manage their products, we will introduce support for device targeting based on screen sizes and densities, as well as on GL texture compression formats. We are also increasing the maximum size for .apk files on Market to 50MB, to better support richer games.

With this release, we aimed to deliver features that are most requested by users and developers. However, we’re not done yet. We plan to continue to rapidly enhance Android Market for both users and developers and make it the best content distribution service for the Android ecosystem.

Please stay tuned as we continue to deliver new capabilities in the coming weeks and months.

For more pics please visit the Android Developers Blog.

Has anyone received the update? Let us know.

dbst

Reaction score
Droid-Life has been tweeting that some people have updated to the new one by clearing your market data, but that hasn't worked for me :angry:

sarreq

Reaction score
Since most users who request a refund do so within minutes of purchase, we will reduce the refund window on Market to 15 minutes. This change will be largely transparent to buyers, but will help developers manage their businesses more effectively
this is NOT what customers want.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid-Life has been tweeting that some people have updated to the new one by clearing your market data, but that hasn't worked for me :angry:

That one is different than this one. All that one does is add a similar tab. You might already know all this but I'm filling in just in case. But, it's pretty useful. Most of the ROMs have it included.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
15 minutes is not enough time to see if the app hurts your phone. Only hurts the devs, I will just be more hesitant to buy apps

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dbst

Reaction score
"Lucky! RT @Justin_C_Ellis: @droid_life I just got my market to update to the new one by clearing data then force stop. Pics coming...."

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pyro6128

Reaction score
15 minutes? Are they out of their minds? All this is going to do is lead people to use pirated apps way more. I for one will be one of them. If an app is good enough I'll pay for it to support the devs, but I refuse to be held hostage by that stupid decision.

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
well..i got the update but it seems like it got slower than before..
I just downloaded an app and i went back to marketplace and it was updated! Haha

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
looks like ill be careful about buying apps over 99cents now. I know the developers want this but what about the customers? If you take away one of the biggest advantages to the android market i think people will buy less apps that are expensive. How can i justify buy a 5 dollar app if i only get fifth teen minutes to try it? The only reason i even bought a bunch of my apps was because i knew that i had a day to try it. I have bought quite a few apps over my year of owning a droid. I guess im done buying apps. I haven't bought an app on my ipod touch in probably over a year simply because i was sick of getting burned by crapware. Looks like my droid shall suffer this same fate.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
well..i got the update but it seems like it got slower than before..
I just downloaded an app and i went back to marketplace and it was updated! Haha

Wth... I'm not getting it. I even cleared and force stopped like that other guy did and that didn't work either...

JoeeDB

Reaction score
How do you go from 24 hours to 15 minutes? That seems crazy... They couldn't even go to like an hour atleast? Dumb decision IMO.

Big Ry

Reaction score
15 minutes? What a joke. Hello, free apps!!! And for the love of Christ, can we PLEASE get a sort function!?!? Sort by price, rating, post date, etc...its not that difficult...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk