BREAKING: Galaxy Tabs, Droid Pro, Samsung Continuum arriving at Verizon Stores

J

JohnDroid

verizonlogo.jpg

An anonymous tipster just wrote into let us know that his local Verizon store has just received their shipment of the following phones/tablets: Galaxy Tab, Motorola Droid Pro, Samsung Continuum and Motorola Citrus. We are waiting on the picture of the inventory but will likely not be able to get it to you until tomorrow.

This is great news - as we know, Verizon is already shipping out Droid Pro's next day so it appears that you should be able to pick up units locally as early as today/tomorrow.

Hope that my Droid Pro shows up today, who else has one on order or plans to pick up one of the above phones in the next 24 to 48 hours?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes.......

zeebone

Reaction score
My local store got both the continuum and the Tab in yesterday. They were nice enough to pull me aside and let me check them out.

The continuum looked pretty slick. I wasn't really even interested in it until I saw it in person. It's not my type of phone, but I would definitely say it looked slick in person.

As for the Tab, I played around with it a little bit and was pretty impressed. The UI was really polished and it was quick. It was a little thicker than I thought, but it felt REALLY solid. Also, playing angry birds on a big screen compared to my droid was pretty eye opening.

I still don't feel the Tab is worth the price tag though. Just not enough to get me to jump on it. I did think it was pretty sweet that it fit in my back pocket pretty easy though.

mach330

Reaction score
got a chance to play around with the tab today. i was a bit disappointed. it was thicker than i thought. also, they changed the back to black not white. kind'a like the white one. i think sprint will have the white one. i wonder if we can use launcherpro instead of the touchwiz. didn't like the touchwiz.

UNC

Reaction score
Played with the Tab today, I'm not sure its up to iPad quality, but its DAMN close. Once it gets 2.3 I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mentalradio

Reaction score
re:

It's a cruise missile in a three piece suit!

Attachments

• overview_splash.jpg
    overview_splash.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 732

UNC

Reaction score
Played with the Tab today, I'm not sure its up to iPad quality, but its DAMN close. Once it gets 2.3 I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Let me edit this!!!!

Once it gets 2.3 I'm sure it'll be MORE awesome!!

It's already a dang BEAST, I mean it is probably the best Android device I have used thus far. I do think the iPad is slightly better right now, but 2.3 very well could put this ahead atleast until iPad2 comes out.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Played with a Galaxy Tab today...much smaller than the ipad, but was a pretty nice device overall. Also played with the Continuum and Droid Pro...not real impressed by either

dytechs

Reaction score
I went to my local verizon store yesterday with every intention of purchasing the tab but when I looked at the price I thought they had lost their minds. At&t, Sprint and T-mobile are all offering a contract price. Not verizon they want $599 plus activation, plus a mandatory data plan. If I have to purchase it outright why do I have to purchase a data plan? Bad form verizon.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Saw a commercial last night for the Glaxay Tab. Looked pretty good.

xandor

Reaction score
I've been putzing around with an iPad, but have really been tempted to get a galaxy tab...time to head to verizon to check it out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mikespe

Reaction score
I was interested in the Tab until I saw the price and that I needed to buy a data plan. Why can't I buy one like the iPad and just use it on WiFi? Why do I need to purchase a plan? Plus the price is so high might as well buy the iPad...more bang for the buck