Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

slinky

Reaction score
I used Verizon's in store version. Works fine for the most part and haven't had any problems. If I had to do it again I'd choose anything without an application solution and uses static cling, perhaps the Steinheil. Wish many of these were sold locally instead of waiting several days to order.

Beka27

Reaction score
In all honesty though I don't use a screen protecter but you can still get small micro scratches from dirt and dust. Note these are small I usually just return my phone to Verizon and get it replaced when this happens just tell them you have a software issue lol. I only signed a one year because of corporate discount so I'm sure this phone will be fine without a screen protecter till then but all you others protect your 2yr investment.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Rather than spend a few dollars on a screen protector, you fraudulently get your phone replaced under warranty? That's not too nice.

(from Beka's DX)

thunderboltglass

Reaction score
Meant as a joke but yes I have done that before. It's replaced with a refurbished phone and that phone goes to be refurbished so its a even trade and no harm done.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
I hope everyone soon figures out the thunderbolt does have gorilla glass. In fact HTC is now one of the biggest company's to use gorilla glass. Go to the gorilla glass website and check the featured products list the thunderbolt is listed.

Gah I hate this. I specifically bought the protector because of this reply to my question on does HTC use Gorilla Glass for the Thunderbolt. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...protector-your-thunderbolt-2.html#post1395577

Ya I can't believe people did not check the website first.

Yup, I should have just googled it.

From Corning's site:
Corning® Gorilla® Glass is used by more than 30 major brands and has been designed into more than 350 product models. Due to customer agreements, we cannot identify all devices that feature Gorilla Glass. Your favorite device may include Gorilla Glass, even if you don’t see it listed. Ask your manufacturer or retailer to learn more.

HTC: 7 Mozart, 7 Surround T8788, ChaCha, Aria, Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z, Dopod A6388, Dopod T8388, Dragon,
Droid ERIS, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, G1, G2, HD2, HD7, HD mini, Hero, Incredible S, Inspire 4G, Legend, myTouch 3G,
myTouch 3G Slide, myTouch 4G, T9199, Thunder Bolt, Tianxi T9188, Salsa, Trophy, Wildfire, Wildfire S
LG: Ally, Arena, Arena TV, Crystal, LG Mini, Maxx, New Chocolate, Ophone, Optimus 2X, Optimus 7, Optimus Mach Optimus Q,
Optimus Z, Viewty Smart

This site may refer to the Thunderbolt NOW, but I can assure you when I made that comment (check the date) there was no reference to the Thunderbolt having Gorilla Glass (for sure/confirmed) on the internet, believe me, I searched long and hard for the information. Most phones boast it as a feature when they DO have it, and the TB has had no references to it in its advertisements and spec sheets. However, we have already seen several reports of people cracking screens, getting swirl marks, or getting scratches, while claiming to have taken good care of their TBs. You definitely did not waste your money on buying a screen protector for your investment.

thunderboltglass

Reaction score
I have to say I bought a zagg today at best buy and had then install it for 8 dollars which means that you have thirty days if it bubbles they replace it if its after 30 days you get a replacement from zagg and best buy will still install it free

PikaCane

Reaction score
Checked out the Zaggs at BB, and the salesman showed me the one on his phone. All I can say is that it was horrid, and I don't see how he could use it. It had the orange peel texture, with a good 1-2 mm difference between high and low points (no, not bubbles), and it wasn't just rubbery, it was downright sticky. Was going nekkid, but a bad combo of cat and power cord just gave me a pair of hairline are-those-really-scratches. Going to go order some Steinheils, think I'll buck the trend and try the oleophobic since I'm COD (must alphabetize...) about fingerprints.

rbw62

Reaction score
Better check website again. TB is listed as having gorilla glass.

inversesrevni

Reaction score
Just get a zagg, apply it right and you will be happy, its worth it, any other screen protector I found is liable to peel off with regular use and handling. This doesn't mean that the zagg will never peel off, it is, in my experience of ipods, other phones, zagg lasts the longest. Yea its pricey and difficult and what not but its always worth it in the long run.

Kid A

Reaction score
Steinheil anti-fingerprint on mine. It takes away just a bit of the sharpness, but I love the matte texture (can't stand crystal screen protectors). Highly recommended.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I ended up going with the Zagg, since the guy at best buy was going to put it on free since I bought it and the best buy version of an otter box. Great protection for this investment

Xoomin from Tapatalk

DrewB

Reaction score
Just got the other box defender. Stoked about the quality of everything but the built in screen protector. It kind bubbles up and makes texting a bit annoying at times. Besides that the build quality and protection are superb

sent from tunda bow

awesomealex123

Reaction score
Which has best anti glare because mine is bad in the sun light