Brand New to the Droid Family

Overland1

Reaction score
Looks like there are at least a few of us who have switched from Crackberry to Droid. ;)

For me, so far it is pretty good. :)

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
First off....welcome. I found this site when I switched to the original Droid from a blackberry, and the people here are what make it such a great site. Never once have I not learned something by perusing these forums.

I agree with some of the other posters. Use google to manage your contacts. You can log in from a PC to clean it up pretty quickly. You can also merge contacts into one. I had problems originally as it listed all my email contacts and phone contacts separately. Merging them fixed that.

For your sentimental keyboard dilemma, long press in an input section and select swype as your input method. Take the tutorial and give it a try. I know some people don't like it, but after a few days I love this way of typing and it is faster than any keyboard I've every used.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
1. from your computer log into your gmail account and click the contacts link. make sure they're not doubled up on the google side.

2. from your phone, click CONTACTS>MENU>DISPLAY OPTIONS
and look at each catagory.. try unchecking Backup Assistant and see if that removes the double ups.