brand new to hacks?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pc4life0427, Apr 5, 2010.

1. pc4life0427

pc4life0427 New Member

I have never really messed with my phones before....I was told u can go to 1.0mhz...increase battery life..etc...I need an easy way to do this...I just did the 2.1 update and was told by a co-worker that I can't root? is that true?

thanks
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

its a yes and no answer. you cant root if your on 2.1 but you can go back to 2.01 and then root.
    to do this you must flash the 2.01 sbf (the guide unroot/unbrick phone in my signature will tell you how) and then download DMupdater from droidmod.org and that will root your phone for you.

From there on out you can use pretty much any rom you want and its really quite simple to do :)

if you need any help dont be afraid to ask
  3. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

read around 90% of youre questions are most likely answered many times over. You can OC your phone to 1.25GHz not 1mhz that would be a drop of 549MHz ;)
  4. pc4life0427

pc4life0427 New Member

I know I will need some detailed help! Its funny Im a jet mechainc and tec savy...but this seems hard...
  5. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

okay well flashing the 2.01 sbf i cant do much to help you, but as far as using DMupdater to root and then changing roms and stuff like that i can provide plenty of detailed help for you :)