Brand new to droid - probably a basic question

MABalkin

Reaction score
Hi, I got my bionic yesterday. I was a Blackberry user for many years. My Blackberry was set to send a copy of every eamil I sent from my phone to myself (so it ended up on my notebook). Is there a way to do this on my droid so i don;t have to always cc myself?

Thanks

grimley

Reaction score
I don't understand why you'd cc yourself. All your sent messages are saved in your 'Sent Mail' label.
I guess if you wanted to create a label that has a different name than 'Sent Mail' you could create a filter in your gmail settings to apply a label (called notebook?) to all your outgoing emails.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! Glad to have you with us!

Are you using the gmail app? If so hit your menu button, select go to labels, and there should be a sent option there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

MABalkin

Reaction score
I know they are in the phone in the "sent" folder, but I want them on my computer.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not sure I follow then. They would be in your sent folder there as well if you log into your gmail account.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

MABalkin

Reaction score
I'm not using gmail. I'm using my office email. So, I'm guessing that I can't set up the phone to automatically email myself so, I want a copy in outlook on my office computer, I'll need to cc myself every time.

Thanks

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Aloha welcome to the forum. are using outlook or something to that matter? if so u can create/setup a separate email on ur device and have it sync to ur pc

pvansch1

Reaction score
On your Outlook, set it to leave a copy on the server, you can set it for a couple days to never delete.
I would suggest 10 days that way you will get it on both pc and DROID.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I'm not using gmail. I'm using my office email. So, I'm guessing that I can't set up the phone to automatically email myself so, I want a copy in outlook on my office computer, I'll need to cc myself every time.

Thanks[/QUOTE

sent u a pm and what the other member suggested is probable aldo