brand new smart phone user

rags_to_razr_maxx

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently went from a Motorola barrage flip phone to a RAZR maxx and obviously I'm blown away by this phone. Looking for tips and answers to make transition easier. Thanks in advance!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the upgrade and welcome to the forum!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats and welcome aboard.. Jump in read up and we are here for ya..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Let us know if you need any help along the way! :)

OP
R

rags_to_razr_maxx

Reaction score
Thanks to all. Love the forum. I always try to search before asking questions because I figure someone has probably already asked it. Lotta knowledge here. Great place to get answers fast. Getting antsy for the jellybean update. Thanks again!

tornado

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently went from a Motorola barrage flip phone to a RAZR maxx and obviously I'm blown away by this phone. Looking for any good answers to make transition easier. Thanks in advance!
Congrats...
Why did you finally take the plunge? Did your old flip die, or were you just tired of your friends making fun of you? :biggrin:
And why the RAZR maxx? Did you just decide to stick with Motorola? And finally, how long are you able to go without looking at your new phone? :)

OP
R

rags_to_razr_maxx

Reaction score
Dying laughing right now. All good questions. I had stuck with non camera phones because with my job there were places I couldn't go with a camera phone. I've always leaned toward Motorola because in the past I've had (and known others who've had) non moto phones that were just junk. Well, they changed the policy at work so that most places I went I couldn't have ANY phone, camera or not. So I figured since I couldn't have my phone at work anyway, I might as well have a phone I could enjoy when not at work. And yes, I was tired of my friends making fun of me. LOL. My father-in-law had a RAZR maxx, as well as some friends of mine. I saw it and loved it. Plus the battery life was a HUGE selling point. But I had to wait until I was eligible for an upgrade. I considered going with the HD, but I figured I was already making a big upgrade, so the RAZR maxx would probably blow me away anyway. I also considered the iPhone 5, but then Best Buy ran a Black Friday special offering the RAZR maxx for free. That sealed the deal for me. I love free stuff! As for the last question, I use my phone constantly now. I don't know how it made before! So I guess I can't go very long without looking at it. It's taken me awhile to get used to having a camera. I was so used to not having one before I'll think 'man, I wish I had a camera right now..... Oh wait, I do!' I've heard others say they've had issues with it freezing a lot but that's only happened to me once. I'm very satisfied with my choice so far. I'm sure the 'new' will wear off eventually, but for now I'm still singing it's praises. :hail: